By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Sony Get A Victory At Home?

PS3 *must* sell at least 40k - maybe 50k - in the price cut week. It should easily beat the Wii.

I don't see much Wii life until Galaxy hits, not sure if any big titles hit before then.

So the PS3 will (should?) have a couple of weeks of success.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

With the price cuts and the release of Eye of Judgement and Imabikisou the 23 the PS3 should pull ahead of the Wii until Mario Galaxy.PS3 has some good software coming to Japan this end year in any case .Sony is bringing there a localized version of Ratchet and Clank ,they have Heavenly Sword ,they have Time Crisis 4 ,they have Gran Turismo 5 Prologue ,they have Dynasty Warriors 6,the about to be released Imabikisou and Eye of Judgement ,maybe even White Knight Story ....Wii has seen most of its heavy hitters delayed (Smash ,Kart ,Nights )but still has Galaxy and Wii Fit we will see what happens .

Don't think PS3 will catch up if the 40GB doesn't come out before Galaxy

agreed awsome avatar dolla

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I think it might next week.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PS3 will be above the Wii for the next couple weeks. After that I don't see it happening again until FFXIII.

Dolla Dolla said:

The hardware sales are in for the week, and look at Japan:

Japan 

What would really be amazing is a week of PSP>DS AND PS3>Wii. Sony Domination Week, they'd call it.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

naznatips said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PS3 will be above the Wii for the next couple weeks. After that I don't see it happening again until FFXIII.

MGS4?  C'mon, man. :P

Unless it drops when Brawl drops.  The the Wii will keep it's lead. 

makingmusic476 said:
naznatips said:

MGS4? C'mon, man. :P

Unless it drops when Brawl drops. The the Wii will keep it's lead.

People overestimate MGS in Japan.  It sells less in Japan than Hot Shots Golf, and HSG sure didn't boost the PS3 above the Wii.  GT5 will have a shot at it for a few weeks unless it comes out near Brawl or Mario Kart.