By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge reviews Halo ODST ! oh! the suspense....

The funny thing is, if this game is getting 9's and 9.5's and is a one-year developed game, IMAGINE Halo: Reach, which has been in development for 2 years ALREADY and will have an entirely new engine, graphics, multiplayer and the best story as far as the novels go.

10's out the ass? O_o

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network
Barozi said:
kber81 said:
FEAR 2 (8) better than K2 (7) ?.. not really lol

From a singleplayer view - yes, but from a multiplayer view - no

I disagree. Also review should take every possible aspect of the game into consideration. They are simply inconsistent. Regards K2 all gaming world stands behind me. Fear 2 is simply in the different league. Not with Conflict Denied Ops or Haze but with stuff like Turok etc. Killzone 2 is polished in every aspect. Single player isn't an exception.

Torillian said:
bonkers555 said:
So after reading to page 5 on this thread beside PSRock the only people who complaining about the review are Sony Fanboys.

Yep, and the other side used the chance to bad mouth KZ2 and MGS4.  Thank god I don't keep a loaded gun next to my desk, otherwise the pure unadulterated stupid on these forums sometimes would make me paint the wall behind me with my brain.

^This.

I am a huge Sony fan and I also feel that Edge has unfairly reviewed past stellar exclusives on the PS3. As such I have little respect for Edge.

However if they do choose to give ODST a high rating, there's no reason to be upset about it. At the end its their prerogative.

I played Halo and liked it and ODST for sure deserves the high rating that it got.

The question that does come to the mind is why other great games were treated differently all of which are exclusives of a different platform.

However to be honest there is very little we can do about it. Complaining about this only leads to trolls bad mouthing about our favorite games which IMO is even more heart breaking.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
I really dont understand their bullshit bias... I mean why ? they gave LBP a high score for being innovative...
so their review system = innovation gets more points ?
how come they are harsh to almost all games and call them mediocore then ? - (bioshock, killzone etc)
their review system is completely changed when it comes to Halo and COD.

EDGE lost their editor Margaret Robinson some time ago and since then the reviews have been all over the place.

Basically innovation if well implemented will ensure a high mark.

The current EDGE team seem to quite like 360 , tolerate PS3 and detest anything Wii.

CGI-Quality said:
Guys, it's a good review from a game that must not be THAT bad. Sure, even I believe that Edge has a tad of bias up their sleeve. I'd be a fool though if I thought they were the only ones, and that sites are only biased against the PS3. The 360 and Wii have received their fair share of author/site bias.

End of the day, let your play time determine what a game's score should be.

CGI you have a great perspective on these things, and you don't really ever seem to get caught up in the bull. I agree with what you say in this post 100%.

Around the Network

@Crashdown77

Thats why alot of people want him to be Mod

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Another review, someone might have posted before, I dont know:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2009/09/the-60-expansion-pack-halo-3-odst-underwhelms.ars

So, lets put it straight. I dont know the Halo franchise that well. I am not a fan of shooters, so I dont really care. For what its good, ODST seens fun enough for the ones who like it. BUT, taking this from the article:

The Ugly
•The fanboys' reaction to a panned Halo game, on both sides of the fence
•Microsoft learning it can get away with charging $60 for $30 worth of new content

This line made me think the most....and interesting enough, this is a kind of sad truth right there.

Crashdown77 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Guys, it's a good review from a game that must not be THAT bad. Sure, even I believe that Edge has a tad of bias up their sleeve. I'd be a fool though if I thought they were the only ones, and that sites are only biased against the PS3. The 360 and Wii have received their fair share of author/site bias.

End of the day, let your play time determine what a game's score should be.

CGI you have a great perspective on these things, and you don't really ever seem to get caught up in the bull. I agree with what you say in this post 100%.

I second this.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I was actually hoping for a 7-8 from them. No, not because I dislike ODST or even believe that it deserves lower then a 9. It's just that in comparison to the Harsh reviews they tend to have for a lot of ps3 games it would have made sense. I don't understand why they give the same complaints for two games and that the games are so simular in their review and yet one gets a 7 and the other gets a 9 (I'm talking about killzone 2 and Gears 2 reviews here as they say the same things about both game that they don't do anything new but they do it with great polish and that they are both beautiful games with awful non existant story.) And they are always giving great games low scores because they are more of the same but when they say this game is mostly more of the same it's like it doesn't count against them. I guess my hopes of bringing balance to the force won't be happening. It's fine if they wan't to be harsh when reviewing games, but at least be as harsh when reviewing all games. I think it's pretty funny how with the exception of LBP they are consistantly at the bottom average of reviews for ps3 exclusives and consistantly at the top for any real 360 exclusive.

PS3 Trophies

Ryusuken said:
Another review, someone might have posted before, I dont know:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2009/09/the-60-expansion-pack-halo-3-odst-underwhelms.ars

So, lets put it straight. I dont know the Halo franchise that well. I am not a fan of shooters, so I dont really care. For what its good, ODST seens fun enough for the ones who like it. BUT, taking this from the article:

The Ugly
•The fanboys' reaction to a panned Halo game, on both sides of the fence
•Microsoft learning it can get away with charging $60 for $30 worth of new content

This line made me think the most....and interesting enough, this is a kind of sad truth right there.

Which is wrong cause the map packs alone are worth $25.