By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge reviews Halo ODST ! oh! the suspense....

Oh the shocker ! Those infamous harsh reviewers reviewed Halo ODST which seems to be the least best Halo according to metacritic....so will edge give it a 6 or 7 as they do to most games loved by all ?

Find out - http://www.edge-online.com/features/review-halo-3-odst

Around the Network

A 9?!?! -faints-

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yeah the 9 was a shocker. I was expecting the worst from them. lol

Hence why I hate the scoring system.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I really dont understand their bullshit bias... I mean why ? they gave LBP a high score for being innovative...
so their review system = innovation gets more points ?
how come they are harsh to almost all games and call them mediocore then ? - (bioshock, killzone etc)
their review system is completely changed when it comes to Halo and COD.

Around the Network

9?

Other EDGE scores for FPS games for comparison...

Halo 3- 10
CoD4: Modern Warfare- 9
Killzone 2- 7
CoD: World at War- 6
Haze- 5
The Conduit- 4

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
I really dont understand their bullshit bias... I mean why ? they gave LBP a high score for being innovative...
so their review system = innovation gets more points ?
how come they are harsh to almost all games and call them mediocore then ? - (bioshock, killzone etc)
their review system is completely changed when it comes to Halo and COD.

I'm not sure what your gripes are with the review?

It's not like they pointed out flaw after flaw, it was an extremely positive review.  I actually didn't see the 9 on my first read through and thought after reading it that it sounded like something in the 8.5-9 range.  I hadn't really read Edge reviews before so I just assumed they didn't give numbers until someone said 9 and I went back and looked and saw it.

I don't know what score they gave Killzone 2 and Bioshock but I could probably give you a pretty long list of flaws for either of those so that they don't deserve a 9 (actually, I think I gave Bioshock a 9 but that was because it just was a really good game despite its flaws).

They gave Killzone 2 a 7 and BioShock an 8 (I think).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I thought it would end up with a 6 or 7 because this thread was created by a Sony fan =p.

I have to say, that 9 looks a trifle high based on the actual text of the review. Still, the game is coming across as very good from the reviews so far, and while you could argue all day about whether the franchise size affects the reviewer a 9 doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Guess I'll be wandering around to one of my 360 owning mates soon.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...