By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge reviews Halo ODST ! oh! the suspense....

disolitude said:
reask said:
Hey Disolitude how are you playing this game already?
I thought it was 22/9 when it was out.
Is it good.
OT
Seems to have gotten mostly good reviews.
Most negatives seem to be about length of campaign.
I will probably pick it up tomorrow.

People need to make friends with retail stores :)

My roomate is manager at Rogers video.

Game is great. Single player is best played alone this time around, and has about 5 hours of ginfights and 2-3 hours of exploring the giant city. If you play it alone on Heroic or legendary and dont avoid gunfights and sneak around to checkpoints, you will get 8-10 hours of quality gameplay out of it depending how good you are.

Firefight is just amazing.  One game alone takes 30 mins and can last up to 2 hours depending how good you are. There are over 8 maps and so many skulls you can play with.

You lucky thing LMaO.

Now to me that is a review.

No editor to worry about just a gamers hands on. Deadly.

You have just made me 60 bucks poorer.

Around the Network

And the fake reviews continue to get humiliated by the legitimate reviewers...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

How can a 6 hour game be worth a 9? $10 an hour to play the thing to completion. Some people aren't into multiplayer. All I read from this review is I'm a sucker for Halo games. It's one review. It's fine. Hopefully you take it for what it is; one man's opinion. And who judges games by Metacritic? Look at where their scores come from...I use IGN usually, they seem to be very fair with their reviews. If there is a discrepancy, I'll look around. I hope Halo is a 9, but I dont see that being true.

@ dsgru3
I think IGN gave it 8.
If memory serves me right the negatives were for length.

dsgrue3 said:
How can a 6 hour game be worth a 9? $10 an hour to play the thing to completion. Some people aren't into multiplayer. All I read from this review is I'm a sucker for Halo games. It's one review. It's fine. Hopefully you take it for what it is; one man's opinion. And who judges games by Metacritic? Look at where their scores come from...I use IGN usually, they seem to be very fair with their reviews. If there is a discrepancy, I'll look around. I hope Halo is a 9, but I dont see that being true.

They can't really split the review into something like this:

• If you aren't into multiplayer, this game gets a 7-- it's short.
  • If you're only into multiplayer, THIS GAME GETS A BITCHING 10!!!!!11!!1

The general Halo audience likes multiplayer a lot so that's factored pretty heavily into the score.  Also, from reading the legitimate reviews of the game, it's a really good six hours (assuming you like Halo).

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Qumulox said:
Sooo they give MGS4 an 8 but an expansion pack/spin off gets a 9.

Seems right to me... if MGS3 got 8 Id be angry but not 4.

I'm sorry but I just can't respect them as reviewers, MGS4 is one of the best games ever and I don't think a game who is shorter and doesn't have as high production values can be better than it.

Qumulox said:
disolitude said:
Qumulox said:
Sooo they give MGS4 an 8 but an expansion pack/spin off gets a 9.

Seems right to me... if MGS3 got 8 Id be angry but not 4.

I'm sorry but I just can't respect them as reviewers, MGS4 is one of the best games ever and I don't think a game who is shorter and doesn't have as high production values can be better than it.

Because game length and pretty graphics are what really matters?

Reviews are opinons-- read into them whatever you want.

-edit-

Slightly on topic, but I do think the Halo series still has some of the ugliest face models this gen.  I watched the Game Trailers review this morning and just couldn't believe that they still looked that bad.

psrock said:
It's a Bungie game folks, their games rarely have flaws, they are amazing at presentation and gameplay always fun. Yes, I AM SURPRISE it got a 9, but it's their review.

This.

VG are about gameplay.. not technological demo.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

reask said:
@ dsgru3
I think IGN gave it 8.
If memory serves me right the negatives were for length.

They gave it a 9, but I believe they did it to avoid the fanboy meltdown.

FEAR 2 (8) better than K2 (7) ?.. not really lol