By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge reviews Halo ODST ! oh! the suspense....

Doesn't the COD 4 campaign take 6-8 hours to complete?

Doesn't the ODST campaign take 6-8 hours to complete?

Don't butthurt fanboys only refer to ODST as "an expansion" because it's pretty much the only thing Bungie has ever given anyone to complain about, ever?

Around the Network
dorbin2009 said:
Doesn't the COD 4 campaign take 6-8 hours to complete?

Doesn't the ODST campaign take 6-8 hours to complete?

Don't butthurt fanboys only refer to ODST as "an expansion" because it's pretty much the only thing Bungie has ever given anyone to complain about, ever?

THANK YOU!!!!! One of the most common sense replies here.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

OMGZ!
They give teh PS3 Games bad scores and gives teh 360 game good ones!
BOYCOTT!

twesterm said:
Ryusuken said:
Another review, someone might have posted before, I dont know:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2009/09/the-60-expansion-pack-halo-3-odst-underwhelms.ars

So, lets put it straight. I dont know the Halo franchise that well. I am not a fan of shooters, so I dont really care. For what its good, ODST seens fun enough for the ones who like it. BUT, taking this from the article:

The Ugly
•The fanboys' reaction to a panned Halo game, on both sides of the fence
•Microsoft learning it can get away with charging $60 for $30 worth of new content

This line made me think the most....and interesting enough, this is a kind of sad truth right there.

Wait, so how is the definitive multiplayer and a good 6-8 hour campaign not $60 worth of content?

Your opinnion =/= fact (underlined). I was just quoting a good review on the game, and came to agree to it. People can do whatever with their monwy anyway. I just think its not worth it.

Ryusuken said:
twesterm said:
Ryusuken said:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2009/09/the-60-expansion-pack-halo-3-odst-underwhelms.ars

So, lets put it straight. I dont know the Halo franchise that well. I am not a fan of shooters, so I dont really care. For what its good, ODST seens fun enough for the ones who like it. BUT, taking this from the article:

The Ugly
•Microsoft learning it can get away with charging $60 for $30 worth of new content

This line made me think the most....and interesting enough, this is a kind of sad truth right there.

Wait, so how is the definitive multiplayer and a good 6-8 hour campaign not $60 worth of content?

Your opinnion =/= fact (underlined). I was just quoting a good review on the game, and came to agree to it. People can do whatever with their monwy anyway. I just think its not worth it.

For the last time.

Normal 360 retail game releases. £49.99

HALO ODST = £34.99. That is less than 2/3 of the price.

Around the Network

In UK. Last time I saw, US wise, it MSRP was US$59,90 (basically 60 USD). I already explained my view on this, so I wont be repeating myself.

selnor said:
Ryusuken said:
twesterm said:
Ryusuken said:

The Ugly

For the last time.

Normal 360 retail game releases. £49.99

HALO ODST = £34.99. That is less than 2/3 of the price.

In USA, where the bulk of the sales will come from, the game is essentially full price so far as I can see on internet and based on US posters pointing this out.

MS clearly decided that demand in US wasn't price sensitive (i.e. the fans would be buying ODST no matter what) while in the UK (and other parts of Europe, I don't know?) they decided consumers might be more price sensitive and pitched a fair way below RRP for a full price game.

I see the early estimates from the site show over 70% of sales were USA so I guess MS judged things just right.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Edge are so strict until it comes to Halo or British-developed games. THEN, they pour on the love.

Not saying that Halo 3 ODST is a bad game, it's probably fantastic. But Edge would not have given it a 9 if it had a different name and wasn't made by Bungie. They are ridiculous strict on FPS- they gave both Killzone 2 and BioShock 7/10.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

So Edge wouldn't never have given it a 9 even if it was fantastic?
Ok.

Lord Flashheart said:

So Edge wouldn't never have given it a 9 even if it was fantastic?
Ok.

Are you implying that it isn't already fantastic?

No, they wouldn't have given it a 9.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective