By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

Where did I imply it? Your not backing up your point in any way here and just making you look worse.

Can we get back on topic though? As the OP states

"If it doesn't deal with Halo, there is really no need to bring it up and de-rail the thread.."

Around the Network
sega4life said:

Please keep other games out of this Metacritic Halo Thread

If it doesn't deal with Halo, there is really no need to bring it up and de-rail the thread..

Thanks

After asking nicely, the clowns that do it should be banned for lack of reading comprehension. Seriously, I love how folks want to knock the game. I can't wait for it - it looks like it's gonna be awesome.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

libellule said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:
FastFord58 said:
SpartanFX said:
killzone 2 has raised the bar confirmed :P

OT:

i think it will settle around 87 or 88

it's a very good score for an expansion pack.

Only bar KZ2 raised was overhype/underperform.

This game will sell loads regardless of score, proving that the bar has still not been reached by other fps franchises. Modern Warfare is the only fps close to it.

Its proving its brand name is one of if not the biggest brand name in FPS(next to call of duty), HALO WARS didn't sell well though compared to other games in the series, but this is a FPS and will likely sell alot more than an RTS. KZ2 is selling well today, and is nearing 2 million copies, idk how it underperformed

To compare KZ2 to ANY Halo game is to compare NFS Underground 2 to GT. LOL. Halo ODST has about 40 more reviews to come yet. KZ2 on Meta had more poor scores than this so far. As I predicted. Many high scoring websites to come in yet. :)

LOL I don't really think your in a sweet position to brag about odst against KZ2 meta wise.

same for me

KZ2 is at 91/100 ... 

there are not enought review to see what will happen to Halo ODST score but I would take care if I were you

side note : when you see Halo wars got 82/100 ... u understand a lot of things

Halo Wars was an RTS - not a FPS. This will get lower 90s.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

I have to chuckle at the IGN AU quote. Everyone who has played the Halo series and still thinks it's primarily strength is as a campaign game instead of multi-player, please raise your hands...

Ronster316 said:

Yup, good score for what some people are claiming to be nothing more than an expansion.

Ok, non Halo fans, how about this................ if an "overpriced expansion" can score 80+, (and undoubtedly sell millions) then imagine the kind of scores that Halo: Reach will achieve.

Knock Halo all you like, the fact that some people can not stop talking about it proves the games immense popularity (oh, then you have the pathetic USER reviews by fans of "rival" consoles)

And whats Halo ODST's metacritic score right now? 85 yeah, oh goody, an "expansion pack" is only 2 points worse off than a full priced game like resistance 2 and on par scorewise with inFamous.

Impressive, don't ya think?

Well written, said exactly what I was thinking an more.........great job.    

I have/have played plenty of awesomesauce games on my PS3 that scored in the mid to high 80's......Uncharted, Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance, Resistance 2.  Those are all amazing games with scores in the 80's.......Bid Deal......so are we now downplaying 80 averages.....I sure hope not.

I think this is a great score for a great game.      

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Smashed said:
libellule said:
SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
kowenicki said:
italy ans spain of course will give poor scores.... of course.

dont worry

france is coming too. Europe will keep this good game to the expected sub-9/10 score it deserves

Finally, a Halo game rated fairly !

You played the game?

nah

but it is common sense that a 9/10 for ODST is overrated

it was already true for Halo3 ...

marketing is marketing.

Same go for GTA4 ... (never played any GTA games but I remember a time when reviewer put them 6-7/10 ...)

Halo 3 is overated? Hold up and let the J man check something out............."over 250,000 playing even after 2 years WOW"..libellule the J man doesnt see what your saying.

Hype NO MATTER HOW BIG can not last for 2 years..........halo 3 is the best online experience you can get and the numbers dont lie.

What is the one game you think of when you look at the Xbox 360, Halo 3.

You know... Because the biggest franchise for Microsoft doesn't affect the numbers? Because alot of the times when people buy a 360 they will go for Halo 3 because it's talked about so much.

Overrated has nothing to do with anything, although I do believe it is overrated a bit, most of the time people will buy the biggest online game for their console, no?

No thats because Halo is the flagship franchise for MS just as mario for nintendo. Its natural to think about the flagship franchise when your thinking about the system.

You were talking about the amount of people logged in daily, well... your answer is right there, its Microsoft's biggest online franchise.. If you don't think that plays a role in how many people logged in daily, then something's wrong.

libellule said:

isn't Counter strike or Modern Warfare 2 largely beyond these numbers ?

also, if u are talking about best online experience, WoW say "hi !"

also, again, based on the numbers alone, Wiisport is the best offline experience to date ...end.

Did you seriously just compare the experience of playing Halo online to World of Warcraft?  Apples and Oranges dude, now you're really stretching to come up with negative things to say about Halo. 

We get it, you don't like the franchise.  Nobody is forcing you to play it or like it so just go troll somewhere else.  People like you who take every opportunity to knock a game they have zero interest in even playing really make me sick.

Smashed said:
Smashed said:
libellule said:
SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
kowenicki said:
italy ans spain of course will give poor scores.... of course.

dont worry

france is coming too. Europe will keep this good game to the expected sub-9/10 score it deserves

Finally, a Halo game rated fairly !

You played the game?

nah

but it is common sense that a 9/10 for ODST is overrated

it was already true for Halo3 ...

marketing is marketing.

Same go for GTA4 ... (never played any GTA games but I remember a time when reviewer put them 6-7/10 ...)

Halo 3 is overated? Hold up and let the J man check something out............."over 250,000 playing even after 2 years WOW"..libellule the J man doesnt see what your saying.

Hype NO MATTER HOW BIG can not last for 2 years..........halo 3 is the best online experience you can get and the numbers dont lie.

What is the one game you think of when you look at the Xbox 360, Halo 3.

You know... Because the biggest franchise for Microsoft doesn't affect the numbers? Because alot of the times when people buy a 360 they will go for Halo 3 because it's talked about so much.

Overrated has nothing to do with anything, although I do believe it is overrated a bit, most of the time people will buy the biggest online game for their console, no?

No thats because Halo is the flagship franchise for MS just as mario for nintendo. Its natural to think about the flagship franchise when your thinking about the system.

You were talking about the amount of people logged in daily, well... your answer is right there, its Microsoft's biggest online franchise.. If you don't think that plays a role in how many people logged in daily, then something's wrong.

And its the biggest online franchise on a console because its just that good....whats your point?

People do not religiously log on to a game  2 years after release if the quality wasnt there.....and of halo 3 can constantly have at least a quarter of a million people playing it after 2 years, that speaks loud and clear of how great the game is and what BS it is to say its overhyped...which was my point from the very beginning.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Smashed said:

Having played a lot of multi-player Halo over the years, I have to say that the reason Halo is so big online is the fun of the play, not anything MS does except to enable the gamers to enjoy it.  MS can try and market the heck out of Halo to get people to try it, but they sure as heck can't do a lot to keep someone playing month-after-month.  And consider this... even though it's relatively cheap (<$4 per month), people have to PAY to play online on the 360... yet they keep doing it in droves.

Halo is so popular online because it's very addictive to play.  End of story.

http://www.vandal.net/analisis/x360/halo-3-odst/9230

Vandal Online

Halo ODST - 9.6