By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

MonstaMack said:

Anything above a 85 is really high imho. It's using the same Halo 3 engine, a short campaign and only adds fire fight.

I'm going to get it as a huge Halo fan and the fact I don't have all the maps (and you literally need them to play about 70%+ of the matchmaking) but for a lot of people I think the $30 or $40 price tag would have been easier to swallow.

I don't know why so many people were expecting this to score a 90% or higher.

Forza 3 on the other hand will score much better as a brand new engine and game that will rival Gran Turismo.

If anything Halo REACH should score 90% or better considering they are doing it from the ground up.

It's made by Bungie. What else can I say?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Still on the first page and this has already turned into a pissing match! Libbelboy you should start acting your age.

jesus kung fu magic said:
libellule said:
SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
kowenicki said:
italy ans spain of course will give poor scores.... of course.

dont worry

france is coming too. Europe will keep this good game to the expected sub-9/10 score it deserves

Finally, a Halo game rated fairly !

You played the game?

nah

but it is common sense that a 9/10 for ODST is overrated

it was already true for Halo3 ...

marketing is marketing.

Same go for GTA4 ... (never played any GTA games but I remember a time when reviewer put them 6-7/10 ...)

Halo 3 is overated? Hold up and let the J man check something out............."over 250,000 playing even after 2 years WOW"..libellule the J man doesnt see what your saying.

Hype NO MATTER HOW BIG can not last for 2 years..........halo 3 is the best online experience you can get and the numbers dont lie.

isn't Counter strike or Modern Warfare 2 largely beyond these numbers ?

also, if u are talking about best online experience, WoW say "hi !"

also, again, based on the numbers alone, Wiisport is the best offline experience to date ...end.

Time to Work !

Seece said:
Still on the first page and this has already turned into a pissing match! Libbelboy you should start acting your age.

u got me here

I m living this thread hoping the best for everybody 

bye all.

Time to Work !

... and seriously who cares about Killzone 2? This a Microsoft forum and we are talking about Halo ODST.

Get that out of here.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
libellule said:
libellule said:
SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
kowenicki said:

dont worry

france is coming too. Europe will keep this good game to the expected sub-9/10 score it deserves

You played the game?

nah

marketing is marketing.

Same go for GTA4 ... (never played any GTA games but I remember a time when reviewer put them 6-7/10 ...)

Halo 3 is overated? Hold up and let the J man check something out............."over 250,000 playing even after 2 years WOW"..libellule the J man doesnt see what your saying.

Hype NO MATTER HOW BIG can not last for 2 years..........halo 3 is the best online experience you can get and the numbers dont lie.

isn't Counter strike or Modern Warfare 2 largely beyond these numbers ?

also, if u are talking about best online experience, WoW say "hi !"

also, again, based on the numbers alone, Wiisport is the best offline experience to date ...end.

Meant to say best online console experience.......

The J man doesnt know if you know this but apparently there is a BIG difference between game copies sold and how many people are actually playing....I know I know its far to much to understand.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I expected this to be in the 80s area. Seems I was right. ^_^

85 is a good score for a game, and hell, this is just an expansion pack!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I expected an 82 (or below) average metascore.

Good this game has some great scores.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

libellule said:
SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
kowenicki said:

dont worry

You played the game?

nah

marketing is marketing.

What is the one game you think of when you look at the Xbox 360, Halo 3.

You know... Because the biggest franchise for Microsoft doesn't affect the numbers? Because alot of the times when people buy a 360 they will go for Halo 3 because it's talked about so much.

Overrated has nothing to do with anything, although I do believe it is overrated a bit, most of the time people will buy the biggest online game for their console, no?