By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

^lol @ Halo 3 daily stats. Facts are facts...

People have not found a way to troll around facts yet...but im sure someone is working on it.

Around the Network
digitalentourage said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Lets go over everything wrong with your post. First of all having 1,200,000 pre-orders 2 weeks before release with probably greater than 2 million sales first week does not equal small. Secondly having a 6 hour campaign (running straight through on normal) with multiplayer and co-op does not equal dlc in the slightest. Uncharted 2 has a 10 hour campaign according to IGN and it had a development time 2 times as long.

Also for the other people trolling the sub 90 metacritic score, was Uncharted a bad game, or Resistance 1&2, or Infamous, or GT4? I could keep going but maybe you should think before you try trolling. Although on the other hand if your trolling you can't be too smart in the first place...

6 hours on the hardest difficulty. On normal/easy you might get 4 hours out of it.

Second of all, uncharted 2 is 12 hours, and is at leat a generational leap ahead in terms of technical quality than what is presented in odst.

I never said it was a bad game, I'm just saying that games like GTAIV and Fable II have offered more content for about a 8th of the price as DLC.

Since you haven't played either game yet all the figures your saying you pulled straight out of your ass. The play times I used came straight from IGN, if you don't believe me go look at the video review for Uncharted 2 and you can see he very clearly states the play through at 10 hours. For ODST I challenge you to go into the game on Legendary, find all the audio logs and beat it in under 6 hours. Again the 6 hour play through as cited by many websites is on normal or heroic, of course it will be less than that on easy and more on legendary.

The only thing thats a leap ahead in Uncharted 2 over ODST is graphics. Please tell me what other features Uncharted 2 has that make it far more advanced than ODST?

Again lets go through all the content on ODST; completely original campaign at around 6 hours that can be replayed with up to 4 player co-op, firefight on 8 different maps with different day settings, Halo 3 multiplayer with every map ever released as well as 3 completely new maps, Halo Reach beta and the ability to unlock the most coveted armor in the game by attaining a number of high difficulty achievements. That may not be worth 60 dollars to you but for me and many others its a first day purchase.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Looks like people aren't happy that ODST has not received the metacritic AAA status award.

ph4nt said:
Looks like people aren't happy that ODST has not received the metacritic AAA status award.

Could also be said that many people are happy.

kiefer23 said:
Not bad for a game that only took 1 year to develop :) Lets see anybody else produce a game in 12 months and get reviews this high.

Ummm, Insomniac says hi. They do it year after year.

Bungie obviously did an amazing job on this title and the average review score is going to show that. Even if I personally don't think it's worth the money and even a little underhanded of them to double the price without doubling the content, for me I am so anxious to get a copy in from gamefly. I'm loving the mood of this game. like one of the reviews said, it seems like they were influenced in one way or another by Bioshock, which to me only means really, really good things. As far as campeign, this game looks SO much better then Halo 3, I thought Halo 3 had a mediocre campaign but it looks like Bungie really justified things with this release. With an actual sequal coming next year, I'm hoping they only continue to improve apon the halo 3 base.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
ph4nt said:

I can't say that I really expected it to achieve AAA...it is built off the same Halo 3 engine.  I don't want to call it an expansion, but i still think M$ should have launched this title for $49.99.  They might have sold better, and would have likely resulted in a better perception about the game.  Even if M$ didn't want to set a price-precedence, they could have offered gamers a discount like Toys R Us is doing. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

kowenicki said:
italy ans spain of course will give poor scores.... of course.

Except the Italian site Multiplayer.it in the list from OP gave ODST a 92 on Metacritic.

Blows a pretty large hole in your "Playstation is popular in Italy, so reviewers in that country must be biased against Halo!!!" damage control...

I dont really care how it compares to other titles, its a bungie halo game, if you like halo its a no-brainer!

What i find interesting is this AA or AAA talk about scores - that has nothing to do with scores or metacritic rating. AA or AAA refers to the budget of the project, not scores. Get your facts straight.

If you guys need Firefight Buddies over the coming weeks add me: The King Bading.

I used cheap shipping from Amazon for Halo ODST though, so it could be awhile. But when I get my copy your welcome to join me. Key words: When I get my copy.

It's just that simple.

no matter the reviews a 3 million seller, but i would have predicted it atleast 90