By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metacritic: Halo: ODST ( Updated )

JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:
digitalentourage said:
Mendicate Bias said:
The Eurogamer Italy reviewer seems really sketchy. The guy has only ever reviewed three other games besides Halo 3: ODST those being SuperStars V8 Racing, Tom Clancy's HAWX and MK vs DC. Why would Eurogamer Italy give one of the biggest game reviews of the year to someone that has only ever done three reviews on mid to low class games and has never done a single fps review in his entire career with the website?

This really isn't one of the biggest games of the year to review, its just a short expansion that should of been DLC.

And you would know this how? God forbid you actually bothered to play it...

I was about to dump all of your ODST stats into this page, but it looks like Bungie has turned off the stats reporting until Tuesday.

Congrats on getting an early copy BTW.

Thanks man :)

Yeah, stores have them. I saw it for sale at the nera by Source yesterday despite the box having the "do not sell until 9/22" on it.

At this point, I honestly couldn't care about Reach beta. Its a nice bonus whenever its ready but even without that, and without the Halo 3 mp maps, ODST is a great package. I mean, you can play GTA4 for 30 hours and have fun for 10, or you can play Halo ODST for 15 hours and have fun for 15.

Anyone calling it DLC is just a sheep following the herd...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
JaggedSac said:

I was about to dump all of your ODST stats into this page, but it looks like Bungie has turned off the stats reporting until Tuesday.

Yeah, stores have them. I saw it for sale at the nera by Source yesterday despite the box having the "do not sell until 9/22" on it.

At this point, I honestly couldn't care about Reach beta. Its a nice bonus whenever its ready but even without that, and without the Halo 3 mp maps, ODST is a great package. I mean, you can play GTA4 for 30 hours and have fun for 10, or you can play Halo ODST for 15 hours and have fun for 15.

I agree.

Have you had any Firefight matches yet?

Seece said:
durtysouthhustlah said:
Seece said:
digitalentourage said:
Mendicate Bias said:
The Eurogamer Italy reviewer seems really sketchy. The guy has only ever reviewed three other games besides Halo 3: ODST those being SuperStars V8 Racing, Tom Clancy's HAWX and MK vs DC. Why would Eurogamer Italy give one of the biggest game reviews of the year to someone that has only ever done three reviews on mid to low class games and has never done a single fps review in his entire career with the website?

This really isn't one of the biggest games of the year to review, its just a short expansion that should of been DLC.

Yes it is one of the biggest games of the year, and no it shouldn't have been DLC. Do you never get tired of trolling?

If it's DLC priced as a full game, why are folks recommending the game? Wouldn't it lower the score?

Indeed, there are man reasons as to why this shouldn't have been DLC. Again please report him so he's dealt with.

Oh, I have. Early and often.

@ Disolitude - I heard that firefight is pretty sweet. Can you get online with it?

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

digitalentourage said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Lets go over everything wrong with your post. First of all having 1,200,000 pre-orders 2 weeks before release with probably greater than 2 million sales first week does not equal small. Secondly having a 6 hour campaign (running straight through on normal) with multiplayer and co-op does not equal dlc in the slightest. Uncharted 2 has a 10 hour campaign according to IGN and it had a development time 2 times as long.

Also for the other people trolling the sub 90 metacritic score, was Uncharted a bad game, or Resistance 1&2, or Infamous, or GT4? I could keep going but maybe you should think before you try trolling. Although on the other hand if your trolling you can't be too smart in the first place...

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:
JaggedSac said:

I agree.

Have you had any Firefight matches yet?

I played Firefight once with my buddy split screen. When that familiar Halo 3 anouncer voice says "FIREFIGHT!" you cant help but feel all funny...

The mode is awesome, much more fluid than Left 4 dead or Gears 2 modes...  but I dont want to play it alone and not many peple have the game yet. If you ever need a 4th and m online,...I'll be very happy to join. :)

@dirtysouthhustlah

You can go online and play with freinds. But there is no matchmaking...so you cant play with random people. I will see if this lessens the experience down the road...but as long as you have 2 or 3 freinds with Halo ODST you should eb good. Its a coop expereince that is best played with freinds and not some random idiots that start spamming you with grenades.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

I played Firefight once with my buddy split screen. When that familiar Halo 3 anouncer voice says "FIREFIGHT!" you cant help but feel all funny...

The mode is awesome, much more fluid than Left 4 dead or Gears 2 modes...  but I dont want to play it alone and not many peple have the game yet. If you ever need a 4th and m online,...I'll be very happy to join. :)

@dirtysouthhustlah

You can go online and play with freinds. But there is no matchmaking...so you cant play with random people. I will see if this lessens the experience down the road...but as long as you have 2 or 3 freinds with Halo ODST you should eb good. Its a coop expereince that is best played with freinds and not some random idiots that start spamming you with grenades.

Hell yeah dude, send me an invite if you need someone as well.

Mendicate Bias said:
digitalentourage said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Lets go over everything wrong with your post. First of all having 1,200,000 pre-orders 2 weeks before release with probably greater than 2 million sales first week does not equal small. Secondly having a 6 hour campaign (running straight through on normal) with multiplayer and co-op does not equal dlc in the slightest. Uncharted 2 has a 10 hour campaign according to IGN and it had a development time 2 times as long.

Also for the other people trolling the sub 90 metacritic score, was Uncharted a bad game, or Resistance 1&2, or Infamous, or GT4? I could keep going but maybe you should think before you try trolling. Although on the other hand if your trolling you can't be too smart in the first place...

6 hours on the hardest difficulty. On normal/easy you might get 4 hours out of it.

Second of all, uncharted 2 is 12 hours, and is at leat a generational leap ahead in terms of technical quality than what is presented in odst.

I never said it was a bad game, I'm just saying that games like GTAIV and Fable II have offered more content for about a 8th of the price as DLC.

Smashed said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Smashed said:
Smashed said:
libellule said:
SHMUPGurus said:
libellule said:
kowenicki said:
italy ans spain of course will give poor scores.... of course.

dont worry

france is coming too. Europe will keep this good game to the expected sub-9/10 score it deserves

Finally, a Halo game rated fairly !

You played the game?

nah

but it is common sense that a 9/10 for ODST is overrated

it was already true for Halo3 ...

marketing is marketing.

Same go for GTA4 ... (never played any GTA games but I remember a time when reviewer put them 6-7/10 ...)

Halo 3 is overated? Hold up and let the J man check something out............."over 250,000 playing even after 2 years WOW"..libellule the J man doesnt see what your saying.

Hype NO MATTER HOW BIG can not last for 2 years..........halo 3 is the best online experience you can get and the numbers dont lie.

What is the one game you think of when you look at the Xbox 360, Halo 3.

You know... Because the biggest franchise for Microsoft doesn't affect the numbers? Because alot of the times when people buy a 360 they will go for Halo 3 because it's talked about so much.

Overrated has nothing to do with anything, although I do believe it is overrated a bit, most of the time people will buy the biggest online game for their console, no?

No thats because Halo is the flagship franchise for MS just as mario for nintendo. Its natural to think about the flagship franchise when your thinking about the system.

You were talking about the amount of people logged in daily, well... your answer is right there, its Microsoft's biggest online franchise.. If you don't think that plays a role in how many people logged in daily, then something's wrong.

And its the biggest online franchise on a console because its just that good....whats your point?

People do not religiously log on to a game  2 years after release if the quality wasnt there.....and of halo 3 can constantly have at least a quarter of a million people playing it after 2 years, that speaks loud and clear of how great the game is and what BS it is to say its overhyped...which was my point from the very beginning.

But it is a bit overhyped. It's not the god of all FPS games, bro, I can assure you.

Again, it gets so many players because it was marketed well, and had alot of people from Halo 2, AND its MS biggest franchise. And 10M people own the game, If 150,000+ people didn't log in a day, something is wrong.

But if you look at it in the big picture, 31M 360's, 10M Halo 3, 150,000+ people on a day... If you look at it from that point, it's not really that many.

Ill admit that the marketing and hype was far too over the top (hell my school had the halo 3 logo play while the announcements were going on , on its release date) but hype dies.

250,000+ is no joke no matter what the install base is. And the only thing keeping halo 3 afloat is its quality nothing more.

Halo's quality is the only thing keeping it afloat now,m

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

LOL...Euro Italy...REALLY?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Smashed said:

But it is a bit overhyped. It's not the god of all FPS games, bro, I can assure you.

Again, it gets so many players because it was marketed well, and had alot of people from Halo 2, AND its MS biggest franchise. And 10M people own the game, If 150,000+ people didn't log in a day, something is wrong.

But if you look at it in the big picture, 31M 360's, 10M Halo 3, 150,000+ people on a day... If you look at it from that point, it's not really that many.

Actually, it averages around 1,000,000 people that play daily.  100,000 people are usually on at any given time.

From Bungie.net:

• Global Quickies:
  • Halo 3 Players Online:
  • |
  • Unique Players (Last 24 Hours):

And just for a comparison.

From Steam statistics:

Current Players Peak Today   Game
  38,137 93,640   Counter-Strike: Source
  31,812 68,662   Counter-Strike
  16,881 23,246   Team Fortress 2
  12,284 16,169   Left 4 Dead