By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will DS lose its momentum?!

Shane said: Since people were able to produce games in their garage for the 2600, the market got so flooded with crap that it collapsed. Without windows, a PC market for gaming is pretty negligible. N64 launched well because it was from Nintendo. Nintendo always launches well, which is why I can't understand the "OMG Nintendo will come in first and sell more than every other system ever!!!!!11111dragon" atmosphere resulting from 3 months of strong sales on very strong supply.
4-5 Months and still sell out... look at the launches... this has never happened before.

Around the Network

Erik Aston said: Louie said: Ovelia said: Brain Age is not unexpected in Japan as brain training activities are already a BIG trend supported by the Japanese government there at the time of its release, and the professor you see in the game is actually the main promoter of the whole movement. Read what Nintendo executives and spokesmen said: It was unexpected. They believed it could sell good but nobody believed it would be a 4 million seller... And how about the Western sales... 1.4 m in NA? 2 million shipped to Europe? And still selling consistently.
To say it more clearly: It was not expected to sell such a hell of a lot of copies. Of course it sells like crazy now but two years ago nobody would´ve believed it. Probably it´s my bad english sorry Shane: Since Super NES no Nintendo home console did have an awesome launch. N64 sold good in Japan for some weeks but the numbers dropped soon and GC even sold worse in it´s first days. Gameboy didn´t launch that well and the DS didn´t either. It sold well because of christmas in 2004 but then the numbers dropped.

I know I right when I say this, "THE DS WILL LOSE MOMENTUM WHEN JAPAN IS WIPED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH BY A ROUGE METEOR THAT WILL ENGULF THAT HALF OF THE WORLD IN FLAMES AND DESTORY THE REST OF THE PLANET IN NUCULAR WINTER" I know I'm right there no way I could be wrong, I know the facts!

So I walked into a Best Buy today. "You guys got any Pink DS's?" "we've got nothing, no DS's at all" "WHAT!? well... When will you?" "No idea man, no idea at all" Were I just trying to get any DS, I wouldn't be worried, but since I'm looking for a pink one, I'm really starting to wonder if I'll be able to track one down in time. Fortunately I've got a month to track one down.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I saw some pink ones at Wal Mart a week and a half ago...people were buying them right away too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Alacrist said: I know I right when I say this, "THE DS WILL LOSE MOMENTUM WHEN JAPAN IS WIPED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH BY A ROUGE METEOR THAT WILL ENGULF THAT HALF OF THE WORLD IN FLAMES AND DESTORY THE REST OF THE PLANET IN NUCULAR WINTER" I know I'm right there no way I could be wrong, I know the facts!
You're basically correct, a barrage of nuclear warheads drops upon JPN when DQIX releases this year. (4million+) FFXII:Revenant Wings to a lesser annihilation. (1million+)

"The things we touch have no permanence."