By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls=First AAA JRPG This Gen?

Sold. I've read all the reviews, and nowhere have I seen anything about a story, but I assume it has one. I'll tell you what. After I see the gametrailers review, if I do from anyone find out that the game does have some sort of a story with an ending, I will buy it immediately.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

^ it has a lose story...theres just enough to say its a story but also allow a free styled gameplay

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Sold. I've read all the reviews, and nowhere have I seen anything about a story, but I assume it has one. I'll tell you what. After I see the gametrailers review, if I do from anyone find out that the game does have some sort of a story with an ending, I will buy it immediately.

The game has a story that isn't told through but is mainly a backstory told at the start, and then ending that out when you finish the last boss.  All the other story is told through talking to NPC's and reading the descriptions of the worlds.

Skittles said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Skittles said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
deathgod33 said:
iBlah said:
I don't understand, why didn't this game get any publicities.....at all??

Or are they so confident that it could be over 90 on meta so they kept a low profile on purpose just to wow everyone with the first AAA jrpg??(unlikely though)

i don't think JRPG's are popular in the West anymore.

Unless they have the tag 'Final Fantasy' and 100 million in advertising, right?  That's the only way they get above a 90 on game rankings sites.

That aside, what do you mean the first AAA title?  Or are DS games not A quality JRPGs?

I meant for consoles. :P

Even then I think some Tales fans are gonna cause some uproar in your thread soon enough, but I haven't played Tales of Vesperia so I can't vlaim its an AAA game.

I mean critically. D:

Oh...then whatever.  Critics never know what the best games are.  Going back to my 'Millions spent of Media and only certain series like Final Fantasy' comment.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

@ Kenryoku

Bullcrap. Why is Persona 4 right up there with all the major Final Fantasy games?

And what's also bogus, is that FFIX is rated higher than FFVII. Final Fantasy VII is the gamethat had the huge advertising budget, not FFIX.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
http://apps.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/demonssouls

Least it got to be AAA for a little while if nothing else ^^

Its back up on 90 to claim AAA once more - and gamerankings has it at 91.23. http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/954345-demons-souls/index.html
I honestly didn't expect these kind of reviews. I hope someone can distribute them in EU aswell, import is such a hassle.

Man, I really want to try this game but I'm not going to import it. I'll just hope it arrives over here.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Is there a petition for a European release?
(Im not a petition man but I'd like to know if people are trying..)

since when did AAA start being based on Scores?? Always been based on production values and advertising budgets... its 90+ score really gives it the title cult hit/sleeper hit which it does deserve!

Shinlock said:
since when did AAA start being based on Scores??

Since people keep listening to sites like IGN, gamespot, 1up, etc to tell them what games they should play.

Six upcoming games you should look into: