By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls=First AAA JRPG This Gen?

You have to complete the game first to review, so I think we're safe from Edge and Eurogamer scores. /stealth insult

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Around the Network

i just watched some stuff about this game...and its a wrpg.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

No its a JPRG that plays like a WRPG

Does it have an interesting story with complex characters, or is it gameplay based only?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sorry but Mario won this one

Around the Network
MANUELF said:

Won what?

Demon's Souls is great, it's just that it could have used some technical optimizations, bug fixes and some polish to bring to the level you'd expect from a top-tier modern game. Other parts of the game could make up for those shortcomings though depending on your perspective.

I'll say it again though -- stop thinking about games in terms being AAA or not being AAA. It's irrelevant.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Boutros said:
MANUELF said:

Won what?

The title of "First AAA JRPG this gen"

This game didn't have too much hype outside of video game forums. From what it sounded like, it was made pretty quickly and not too expensive.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

MANUELF said:
Boutros said:
MANUELF said:

Won what?

The title of "First AAA JRPG this gen"

With what game?...