By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Terrible Reviewer: ODST 1.5/5

Ronster316 said:
uber said:
i just think it is so cute how xbox fans will not tolerate a single utterance against their beloved franchise. to denounce it at all is to be castigated and dismissed a fanboy. kind of reminds me of fundamentalist christians.

And don't you think its soooooooooo cute how desperate some fans of other consoles are that they have to resort to writing BULLSH*T reviews.

Theres more Halo ODST user reviews by people who don't even own the game or a 360 (yes, they actually took time out of their busy schedule to write bogus reviews, if thats not pathetic then i don't know what is)

Real 360 owners don't need to review this, we know the score. (the vast majority of us anyway)

if that's what is going on here then yes it is silly.  it is almost as silly as the countless xbots who submitted user reviews for killzone 2 before it came out just to lower the average score.  i'll admit to pettiness existing across both sides of this war, but i give the edge to the xbox fans in overall patheticness.   the way they attack titles with absolutely no merit or intent to sound legitimate and the way their arguments of xbox superiority reek of desperation tip the scales in their favor.

art is the excrement of culture

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Ronster316 said:
uber said:
i just think it is so cute how xbox fans will not tolerate a single utterance against their beloved franchise. to denounce it at all is to be castigated and dismissed a fanboy. kind of reminds me of fundamentalist christians.

And don't you think its soooooooooo cute how desperate some fans of other consoles are that they have to resort to writing BULLSH*T reviews.

Theres more Halo ODST user reviews by people who don't even own the game or a 360 (yes, they actually took time out of their busy schedule to write bogus reviews, if thats not pathetic then i don't know what is)

Real 360 owners don't need to review this, we know the score. (the vast majority of us anyway)

Or others of us that don't care about the score and are buying it regardless.

^^^^^^^ that too

On consoles, how many FPS games offer 4 player similtanious ONLINE campaign?

How many FPS's offer as many maps to play multiplayer on as Halo?

Thats what some people will never understand.

It's not the most popular online 360 game week in week out for no reason you know.

This will be worth the asking price............ bottom line__________________________

Ronster316 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ronster316 said:
uber said:

^^^^^^^ that too

On consoles, how many FPS games offer 4 player similtanious campaign?

It's not the most popular online 360 game week in week out for no reason you know.

This will be worth the asking price............ bottom line__________________________

see, if i followed this train of logic i would have to think resistance 2 is the best fps ever.  it has an entire mode just for 8 player coop, the biggest maps ever in a shooter, and a very long campaign filled with the biggest boss battles ever.

but the truth is resistance 2 sucked it hard.  the bottom line that you like to speak of is this, simply cramming a ton of mediocrity into a box will never amount to more than mediocrity.  halo 3 shares a great deal of things in common with resistance 2.  they both play about the same, and both featured sequels that really did nothing more than just cram a ton more of the same quality stuff into a box.

as an example, i thought mw was a terrific sequel in that it represented an evolutionary step in the genre.  it didn't just add more stuff.  mw2 is looking to do the exact same thing again.  the levels and ideas behind it really forge new paths with what gamers can expect out of a fps.  halo 1 did this.  however, halos 2 & 3 just seemed like half-assed attempts to take what was great about halo and add more features....kind of like a new version of windows.  so the desktop has a slightly different look to it....yay.   microsoft is known for nothing if not for just giving people what they already like.  experimentation and innovation is not their style.

i don't expect what i'm saying to really sink in, but i try nonetheless. 

art is the excrement of culture

One o the few exclusives exclusives coming out for the xbox and it is crap. Time to buy a ps3.

yeah yeah halo ODST is crap. Don't buy or rent it. It's not good, move along.

Around the Network
uber said:
Ronster316 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ronster316 said:
uber said:

^^^^^^^ that too

On consoles, how many FPS games offer 4 player similtanious campaign?

see, if i followed this train of logic i would have to think resistance 2 is the best fps ever.  it has an entire mode just for 8 player coop, the biggest maps ever in a shooter, and a very long campaign filled with the biggest boss battles ever.

but the truth is resistance 2 sucked it hard.  the bottom line that you like to speak of is this, simply cramming a ton of mediocrity into a box will never amount to more than mediocrity.  halo 3 shares a great deal of things in common with resistance 2.  they both play about the same, and both featured sequels that really did nothing more than just cram a ton more of the same quality stuff into a box.

as an example, i thought mw was a terrific sequel in that it represented an evolutionary step in the genre.  it didn't just add more stuff.  mw2 is looking to do the exact same thing again.  the levels and ideas behind it really forge new paths with what gamers can expect out of a fps.  halo 1 did this.  however, halos 2 & 3 just seemed like half-assed attempts to take what was great about halo and add more features....kind of like a new version of windows.  so the desktop has a slightly different look to it....yay.   microsoft is known for nothing if not for just giving people what they already like.  experimentation and innovation is not their style.

i don't expect what i'm saying to really sink in, but i try nonetheless. 

I'm aware of resistance 2's mission as opposed to story related 8 player campaign.

Halo led the way with it's 4 player online story campaign.

Resistance 2 came out a good year later.

Microsoft is not known for it's innovation? try saying that the next time you earn a trophy.

Microsoft made online console gaming as popular as it is today and will continue to be at the forefront of online entertainment.

thats 3 bad reviews now, keep them coming

rafichamp said:

sad, just sad...

rafichamp said:

Seriously, why add to this flame-thread with another fanboy comment.  I'll let the intelligent diehard Sony fans handle you appropriately. 

OT:  Do you really think that the good reviews are going to make for big news, or over the top bad ones from blog sites hoping to get hits.  Reminds me of the bogus KZ2 reviews that went against the grain simply to get attention.  Maybe the game will review well, maybe it wont.  It is a Halo game made by one of the best in the business.   I am buying it day 1 and enjoying every second of it, I hope many others do the same....

Wow 3 reviews and its still pretty low. Yea this dosent look to good