By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC OFFICIAL HEAVY RAIN Thread

Ok, I will be the first actual poster to actually post some news about the game.

Quantic Dream's David Cage: Play Heavy Rain Several Times, "Kill The Magic Of It"

In part two of G4’s mammoth interview with Quantic Dream’s David Cage from GamesCom 2009, the Heavy Rain creator talks to Billy Berghammer about the developer's creative relationship with Sony, who Cage believes the game’s audience will be, and what lies ahead creatively for him and his team.

Easily one of Cage’s most compelling assertions comes during his discussion about how he hopes people will play the game, given that so much of the experience depends on making decisions and seeing them through to their narrative conclusions. In terms of how many times players will play through the game, Cage says:

“I would like people to play it once…because that’s life. Life you can only play once…I would like people to have this experience that way.”’

Of course, in the end, it is a game, and Cage understands that people will naturally want to go back and play through again, and even perhaps reload a previous save point to avoid unpleasant results that might occur because of actions taken in the game.

To this, Cage says, “I’m fine with that, but the right way to enjoy Heavy Rain is really to make one thing because it’s going to be your story. It’s going to be unique to you. It’s really the story you decided to write…I think playing it several times is also a way to kill the magic of it.”

To find out even more about why you need to keep a very close eye on Heavy Rain and Quantic Dream, be sure to check out Part One and Part Two of Billy’s epic interview.

Around the Network

@CGI

Well, I saw this post on the page(follow the link) it just about sums up what I am thinking.
"I agree with him sometimes I don't watch a movie that is really good 2-4 x over. It does kill the magic. But it's good if you watch it again next year or 2 years later of which you have forgotten alot about the movie. Even with all the replay value I just don't go back after I beaten a game."-snookgum123

CGI-Quality said:
dsister44 said:
@CGI

Well, I saw this post on the page(follow the link) it just about sums up what I am thinking.
"I agree with him sometimes I don't watch a movie that is really good 2-4 x over. It does kill the magic. But it's good if you watch it again next year or 2 years later of which you have forgotten alot about the movie. Even with all the replay value I just don't go back after I beaten a game."-snookgum123

What will you do though? Multiple plays or no?

I will beat it. And then probably go and beat another game or two and then come back to Heavy Rain.

What about you?

CGI-Quality said:
dsister44 said:
What about you?

What do you think?

I thinking yes. Though you better end up getting that platinum

Around the Network

I love that Curt Shelby guy, he's so cool!
My least favorite character is that cop with drug problems.

Tbone said:
kitler53 said:

i won't accept this thread until it includes pictures of jacqui ainsley...

okay,....that's better.

I wasn´t interested for this game at all but after knowing that she will be in the game my interest skyrocked also another thing skyrocked

I think you can strip one of the femal characters down in the game by rotating analogue sticks, not sure if its hers though.

I have arrived! >_>

you should link to this thread on your sig.

kitler53 said:

i won't accept this thread until it includes pictures of jacqui ainsley...

okay,....that's better.

All I can is that she's very hot. Drools! We need a lot of pics of her, I demand more pics. LOL!

OT: Really excited for heavy rain. Nice work CGI! good job.