By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim Week 3 predictions, another week of PS3>Wii? 250K +?

Sony better enjoy this next week, because after that the Wii price cut takes effect.

Around the Network

Sony doesn't afraid of what Nintendo'nt do did which mentioned by you has took place on your keyboard, mhmm.

I'll say it is going to be about 210k

@CGI

yeah others REALLY isn't gonna drop from like 138K to 90K

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:

Japan preview: "Expect PS3 hardware sales to fall slightly, into the 48,000 to 58,000 unit range as the Tales bump is essentially offset by the drop-off in initial PS3 slim demand."

So what does that make the sales bump that is attributable to Tales... what bump would have been expected from Tales? 20k? 30k? Just trying to get a handle on where PS3Slim sales have dropped to?

If 20k bump then 28k to 38k? If 30k bump then 18k to 28k ?

If further releases support sales until Xmas season starts, we'll never know. The same applies to Wii and XB360, every agenda is getting so thick it's likely we won't have a "back to normality phase" before Xmas.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Well, let's see how this works.........

Let's say.....Japan = 50,000 for PS3 right?
What would America and Others have to be to make my original prediction of 215,000 for Week 3:

Example:
America - at least - 90,000
Others - at least - 75,000

I think PS3 is going to do WAY more than 215,000, there's no way Others would be lower than America. Even if we switched those regions, that's STILL too low, particularly in Others...

I think your numbers for Others / Americas should be switched.

CGI-Quality said:
ph4nt said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, let's see how this works.........

Let's say.....Japan = 50,000 for PS3 right?
What would America and Others have to be to make my original prediction of 215,000 for Week 3:

Example:
America - at least - 90,000
Others - at least - 75,000

I think PS3 is going to do WAY more than 215,000, there's no way Others would be lower than America. Even if we switched those regions, that's STILL too low, particularly in Others...

I think your numbers for Others / Americas should be switched.

Well, that prediction was for shits-and-giggles. Just to see how my prediction could work mathematically...

Even so, with the numbers switched, it's actually pretty reasonable. 25% drop in Americas and a 35% drop in Others.

I think it's safe to say Japan would have dropped ~30% if Tales of Vesperia didn't launch.

I would not be the least bit surprised if final numbers came in as

Americas: 72k

Others: 95k

Japan: 48k

Total: 214k

@CGI

so do you wanna make a prediction now?

@CGI

250K basicaly

cool, it looks reasonable too

I think NA may dip much more though.

It looks like the OP was right. And also many of us. Now we have to wait another 6 days to know about the current week, ending today, just before Wii's cut. It could be the fourth and last in a row with PS3 outselling Wii.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!