By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up!!! (Sept 12, 2009)

Carl2291 said:
starcraft said:
How can anyone argue the Xbox 360 is doing poorly? It didn't get a price drop, they increased the size of the HDD, last week they still would have had some 60GB's getting fire-saled.

This week with that all done, they are still kicking ass. Look at the history of how much PS3/Xbox 360 sales have dropped when the other got a price drop. In this instance (thus far) that hasn't happened. Truly proving the durability of Xbox 360 as a brand.

It was a pricecut

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/08/27/its-official-xbox-360-elite-price-drop.aspx

sorry for quoting ths old post, but in europe there was even another price cut to bring the elite to the price of the wii:

http://www.n4g.com/News-386604.aspx

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

why would PS3 owners re-buy the console for a Ps3 slim?

what does the slim "have" to make it worth a a whole "re-buy" for $299?

Its ridiculous to say most of the spike is due to old PS3 owners rebuying the console....

You're forgetting there's a lot of hardcore players on the PS3 who would do that. You remember the people on here with PS3s saying they'd get a Slim right? Heck, there's people saying they own or will buy multiple PS3s for different rooms in their house...

Obviously the spike wasn't just due to the people rebuying, but there should be a lot of people who did rebuy one for a Slim. Why do you think there hasn't been a whole lot of SW popping up in large numbers, especially in Japan?

It's not just the PS3 either, same things happened with the PS2 and DS.

We cannot take what VGc people say to represent the bigger scale in EU/NA.......in fact in EU no-one is silly enough to rebuy the slim (UK PS3 SW sales are up BIG TIME).....in Na I doubt it

in Japan, yeah people did that.

@Seece

Yeah thats because of Japan

Look at UK SW sales (top 40) from chrttrack for this & last week.....PS3 had SO MANY titles compared to what it usually has......this only proves majority of the people were new owners

Japan skewed up the SW Sales......as it sold 150K....& the SW didn't echo the HW effects

All I'm saying is that Maxwell shoudln't be so quick to say "the spike has proven people were re-buying ps3's"

Apart from Japan in fact, its done the opposite

@dbot

No seece & soriku are reasonable people

I'm going by WW figures. I took out all the new games released in the last 2 weeks, and software rose, 370k. Still pretty good, but not 500k. Which is all I was correcting

Slimebeast said:
Soriku has a point.

From our own forum we know that Sony fans can be very fanatical and supportive of their brand, so I can imagine a couple of hundred thousand Slims been sold to PS3 owners who wants to see Sony on top.

Harder to say that about the 2nd week of sales, which was still very high, and will be even harder to say about the 3rd week and on. 

We all know that the 360 has been rebought more than the PS3, anyway.

darthdevidem01 said:

@dbot

I know.  Just having a bit of fun, though I agree with you.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@soriku

yeah but who actually did it?

Seriously who on VGC actually did that?

Leo-j's PS3 broke....apart from him who else traded in their old PS3 for a slim?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
dbot said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@dbot

cool, besides you like R&C, I like R&C so we'r friends now!

@seece

cool......Its mainly due to Japan + SW on VGC is not "fully representative", especially in the EU region

What I'm afraid of is that people got 2nd hand games

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It's going to be a bumpy ride...lol

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

Its ridiculous to say most of the spike is due to old PS3 owners rebuying the console....

You're forgetting there's a lot of hardcore players on the PS3 who would do that. You remember the people on here with PS3s saying they'd get a Slim right? Heck, there's people saying they own or will buy multiple PS3s for different rooms in their house...

Obviously the spike wasn't just due to the people rebuying, but there should be a lot of people who did rebuy one for a Slim. Why do you think there hasn't been a whole lot of SW popping up in large numbers, especially in Japan?

Wow.. I can't believe people actually would believe such a ridiculous statement.

Because a few people on the forum said they are rebuying a PS3, means the rest of the PS3 fanbase is like OH SHIT, THEY ARE BUYING ANOTHER ONE.. NOW I WANT ONE.

Doubt it, and again its all speculation, none of this "rebuying" console shit is actually HERE with facts. Aside from the few forum users who said so.

You guys gotta lay off that stuff.

darthdevidem01 said:
dbot said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@dbot

cool, besides you like R&C, I like R&C so we'r friends now!

@seece

cool......Its mainly due to Japan + SW on VGC is not "fully representative", especially in the EU region

What I'm afraid of is that people got 2nd hand games

True enough! $299 is still a lot to shell out for a console, and in these hard times 2nd hand games look more tempting than new.

This doesn't help Sony in any way though, I can't help but feel they were banking on a much higher software boost as this is where the profit will come from/

Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

Wow.. I can't believe people actually would believe such a ridiculous statement.

Because a few people on the forum said they are rebuying a PS3, means the rest of the PS3 fanbase is like OH SHIT, THEY ARE BUYING ANOTHER ONE.. NOW I WANT ONE.

Doubt it, and again its all speculation, none of this "rebuying" console shit is actually HERE with facts. Aside from the few forum users who said so.

You guys gotta lay off that stuff.

Do you have any facts yourself though? I'm not exaggerating like some people, keep in mind...

He seems incredibly angered, think he needs to calm down a bit ..