By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up!!! (Sept 12, 2009)

Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

why would PS3 owners re-buy the console for a Ps3 slim?

what does the slim "have" to make it worth a a whole "re-buy" for $299?

Its ridiculous to say most of the spike is due to old PS3 owners rebuying the console....

You're forgetting there's a lot of hardcore players on the PS3 who would do that. You remember the people on here with PS3s saying they'd get a Slim right? Heck, there's people saying they own or will buy multiple PS3s for different rooms in their house...

Obviously the spike wasn't just due to the people rebuying, but there should be a lot of people who did rebuy one for a Slim. Why do you think there hasn't been a whole lot of SW popping up in large numbers, especially in Japan?

It's not just the PS3 either, same things happened with the PS2 and DS.

Wow.. I can't believe people actually would believe such a ridiculous statement.

Because a few people on the forum said they are rebuying a PS3, means the rest of the PS3 fanbase is like OH SHIT, THEY ARE BUYING ANOTHER ONE.. NOW I WANT ONE.

Doubt it, and again its all speculation, none of this "rebuying" console shit is actually HERE with facts. Aside from the few forum users who said so.

You guys gotta lay off that stuff.

Do you have any facts yourself though? I'm not exaggerating like some people, keep in mind...

He seems incredibly angered, think he needs to calm down a bit ..

Not angry.

Perfectly fine, have no intention to take anger out over an online discussion. 

And Soriku, there is no facts on this period, thats what I was trying to say. Chances are 0-5% of the 850k+ slims sold are re-buyers.

Actually ioi (who knows a heck of a lot more than you do on the subject) estimated around 60% bought in Japan were people rebuying.

Actually, ioi said himself that number was all speculation.

Again.. No factual proof behind these pecentages, means they don't exist.

lol if you want to use that as some sort of wall then go ahead, nobody else is deluding themselves.

Pardon? What wall? Why am I going to admit and say something true when there is no factual proof that it is true?                                            

Just let it go already. Done with this subject and thread until somoene gets some real facts and throws them in my face. Then i'll believe it. But for

now, no thanks. Sorry.

There's no facts that big foot doesn't exist, people use common sense though ...

Still waiting for the proof, pal.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

Its ridiculous to say most of the spike is due to old PS3 owners rebuying the console....

You're forgetting there's a lot of hardcore players on the PS3 who would do that. You remember the people on here with PS3s saying they'd get a Slim right? Heck, there's people saying they own or will buy multiple PS3s for different rooms in their house...

Obviously the spike wasn't just due to the people rebuying, but there should be a lot of people who did rebuy one for a Slim. Why do you think there hasn't been a whole lot of SW popping up in large numbers, especially in Japan?

Wow.. I can't believe people actually would believe such a ridiculous statement.

Because a few people on the forum said they are rebuying a PS3, means the rest of the PS3 fanbase is like OH SHIT, THEY ARE BUYING ANOTHER ONE.. NOW I WANT ONE.

Doubt it, and again its all speculation, none of this "rebuying" console shit is actually HERE with facts. Aside from the few forum users who said so.

Do you have any facts yourself though? I'm not exaggerating like some people, keep in mind...

Not angry.

And Soriku, there is no facts on this period, thats what I was trying to say. Chances are 0-5% of the 850k+ slims sold are re-buyers.

Actually ioi (who knows a heck of a lot more than you do on the subject) estimated around 60% bought in Japan were people rebuying.

lol if you want to use that as some sort of wall then go ahead, nobody else is deluding themselves.

Pardon? What wall? Why am I going to admit and say something true when there is no factual proof that it is true?                                            

Just let it go already. Done with this subject and thread until somoene gets some real facts and throws them in my face. Then i'll believe it. But for

now, no thanks. Sorry.

There's no facts that big foot doesn't exist, people use common sense though ...

Go get it yourself if you're that obsessed, I'm not your skivvy mate.

Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

Not angry.

now, no thanks. Sorry.

What the hell is a skivvy mate? And I don't need to get nothing, your so positive these numbers exist.

So come on, bring them. Drop me a private message when you got them, kay?

Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

Not angry.

now, no thanks. Sorry.

What the hell is a skivvy mate? And I don't need to get nothing, your so positive these numbers exist.

Skivvy means slave, and since you're the one that wants the proof you go get it. I don't care if you believe me or not. Just like your stance on the argument, there is no proof either side, just common sense and opinion.

Im the J man

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Smashed said:
Seece said:
Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

so please tell me again

Not angry.

now, no thanks. Sorry.

Skivvy means slave, and since you're the one that wants the proof you go get it. I don't care if you believe me or not. Just like your stance on the argument, there is no proof either side, just common sense and opinion.

Just forget all this talk, and PM me when you've managed to get results.

Go read the other thread, done with this.

@seece

I think low PS3 SW numbers of last week is the best proof you can have. But I'm sure whatever we can bring as a proof won't be enough for you.

No it won't atma!

@ Smashed - Even if I got proof I wouldn't go out of my way to PM you ...

I'm sure i read either The source or ioi speculating that some people re-bought PS3 for the slim. Judging by some of the re/actions on this site i'm sure a few other fanatics did just that. Out of all the people on this site, i trust ioi and The sources judgements more than anyone and if this site is indeed representative of typical PS3 owners then i would speculate there were a fair few re-bought. The lack of much of a SW boost would add to this opinion too. Wouldn't like to speculate percentages but if i had to guess i would go for over 10% WW.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Max King of the Wild said:
No... You wouldnt see the correlation. Because your a blind fanboy who always spouts anti sony rhetoric.

So, he got banned. Who's alt account was he?

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!