By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is now AHEAD of 360 in 2009 sales.

Yo Sony I'm really happy for yah I'll let you finish second. BUT THE NINTENDO WII IS THE GREATEST SYSTEM OF ALL TIME - Kanye West

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Yo Sony I'm really happy for yah I'll let you finish second. BUT THE NINTENDO WII IS THE GREATEST SYSTEM OF ALL TIME - Kanye West

1 week faster than 360 last year. Congrats Sony. See how things continually flip back and forth. It will be ironic when things switch again. Happens all the time. 360 has a great line-up next year and with Natal anything can happen. Same with Sony's line-up and that gay ass looking wand.

Wii has cemented this gen with the new price-cut, so MS and Sony can eat each others faces....lol.

is till think some how microsoft will pull a trick out there sleeves and save the 360 thats just me even though i am pro-sony all the way(looks at sig ;)

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

Just like that huh?.....GW sony.

Around the Network

I remember 360 was behind BY MUCHHHH MORE THAN this last year and it came back to not only over take PS3 in sales, but also outsell it by almost a million. What I'm trying to say is that it may be a bit early to call it a holiday for certain people in here who think PS3 is just going to cruise to victory.

On the same token, it's really sad to see 360 fans getting so defensive so quickly. It's only been two weeks and both sides are already flaming at full force.

darklich13 said:

Total sales since release of PS3

Console PS3 X360
Total

Not that impressive of a number when you consider that 360 has always been cheaper than PS3.  Half the price for almost a year starting Nov. 2008.

I still don't understand why people believe Halo will sell a huge amount of 360 consoles.  Most Halo fans have already invested in a 360.  It may boost it slightly, but nowhere near what the Slim has done for PS3.  Besides OSDT isn't really a full game.  It was originally designed to be a major add-on for Halo 3.  MS promised it wouldn't sell for full retail price, as it wasn't a full sized game, and I believe it was going to be delivered via Live.  But look how that promise worked out. 

And what's up with being so into pre-order sales of games?  I can see if your just interested in how your most anticipated games are charting, but fanboys are using it for something else all together.  Since when did pre-orders of games equal system sales?  Or the games full sales overall?  To me it seems like if your console is losing in the real sales charts, you just turn to the pre-orders and say, "Oh, but my system has higher pre-order numbers, that makes it better."

That's quite an accomplishment. Now to see if they hit the 13m mark this year

It is not over yet. Do not count your chickens before they have hatched. The PS3 Slim launch was just a spike in sales due to people having delayed purchases of PS3 waiting for a year for the PS3 to fall to a reasonable price and there were the owners who simply upgraded to the new PS3 Slim 120GB model.

The Wii price cut will slow down both the PS3 and 360 sales.

ODST will have a big first week and 2nd week US will understand it's a crap so big drop (-60% 2nd), then Uncharted 2 storm and GT5 Katarina. Not PS3 fanboy, just realistic.