By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is now AHEAD of 360 in 2009 sales.

The ps3 should win this year, but since the 360 will still be leading by quite a lot overall it gives MS time to mount an effective response. Microsoft has time on their hands and they've shown this gen that they're quite successful at countering sony.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
madkiller said:
CGI-Quality said:
madkiller said:
CGI-Quality said:
madkiller said:
Sorry PS3 fanboys, but starting next week with another drop for PS3 and ODST the 360 will be ahead weekly again for the rest of the year.

Willing to bet?!!!

Yep, with real money, not fake ass stupid vgchartz money...

Sorry, we bet here or not at all...

Either way, you'd lose

Um, no I won't, you really believe the PS3 is going to outsell the 360 with ODST out and another drop after the cut? 300k last week, probably 175k this week, 140k next week. The 360 was just about 150k last week and will definitely move up for ODST week. I believe the PS3 will do about 140k a week before black friday starting with next week

Yup, I do, and I also believe it won't drop back behind 150,000 for the rest of the year. Enough chatter though, the bet, take it or leave it...

I already told you I don't bet with fake ass vgchartz money, especially since I barely have any because who gives a damn about it. It is really sad that you spend your time betting with fake money on an internet forum about video games. You really should get a life. I know one thing though, and that is that the PS3 fanboys can talk all the ridiculous noise they want now that they think their system is going to suddenly overtake the world (which it is not). However, MS is making way more money than Sony every single day. MS has ODST dropping next week and Windows 7 dropping within another month after that. The profit they make off both will be 10x the amount of loss Sony posts for the year since with the price drop they gave up any chance at being profitable for the year. So who really wins even if by some miracle the PS3 can outsell the 360 for the year (again, it won't)...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

madkiller said:
Sorry PS3 fanboys, but starting next week with another drop for PS3 and ODST the 360 will be ahead weekly again for the rest of the year.

lol yeh an expansion is going to bring in new buyers, that doesn't make any sense at all

It wouldn't surprise me if sales didn't go up at all

Gilgamesh said:
madkiller said:

lol yeh an expansion is going to bring in new buyers, that doesn't make any sense at all

It wouldn't surprise me if sales didn't go up at all

LMAO, an expansion? It is a full game and has more preorders than any game on PS3 has ever had...

I love your sig, gilgamesh.

It's a pretty accurate description of what happens in sales now by the way. The PS3 on top should be a slim, though.

Around the Network

I can't really see the 360 coming out in 2nd at the end of the year. The PS3 has more bang for it's buck and has a line up of games that haven't already made an appearance on the system.

@madkiller : it also had a 40/100 review and a 64/100 review.

I guess that's still one of the best exclusives left on 360 this year though.

mario64 said:
@madkiller : it also had a 40/100 review and a 64/100 review.

I guess that's still one of the best exclusives left on 360 this year though.

Oh yeah? Sure is funny that there are 0 scores on metacritic. Oh, and every store in my town is doing a midnight release for ODST, there has been exactly 0 midnight releases here for any PS3 game, but several for 360 games...

mario64 said:
I love your sig, gilgamesh.

It's a pretty accurate description of what happens in sales now by the way. The PS3 on top should be a slim, though.

The PS3 was always the man in the relationship lol

kitler53 said:
wow, that was quick. just goes to show how quick the console race can change positions this gen.

Yeah.. but it hasn't really changed

1) Wii

2) XBox 360

3) PS3

How has it changed? People are forgetting that the PS3 had gained over 500K is sales over the XBox 360 in 2008. Then M$ dropped the price on Sept and since then took a 1.2 million lead over PS3. Now the PS3 has gain about 650K, so we are pretty much back where we started.

'gaming till I'm gone'