By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony tackles BBC over 'PS3 failure' report

It's funny reading this article now. All the fanboys wanted it to hurt the PS3's sales in UK. Did it? NO! Like I said before, UK is smart enough not to believe the ravings of a few fanboys, one of which works for MS. I do find it sad how after Micheal Moore was able to convince a few people with his type of "documentaries", journalists have followed suit in his techniques. Instead of doing hard research, fact checking, and presenting the truth, even if it opposes their views, they go on their own opinion. Using "stunts", songs or cartoons, and in your face reporting to try to sway the gullible that their opinion is fact.

What's more rediculous is the 360 fanboys who looked at the report as some savior to stop the boost in sales of the PS3 Slim. Acting like a .5% failure rate is anywhere as bad as a 33%-58% failure rate. One even suggested a recall of the PS3 if there was a flaw. Really? But it's fine for the 360 to stay on the market even with its still high failure rate? How biased.

I think they are just pissed that MS screwed them over and they can only find 3 ways to deal with it so they don't get mad at their fave company:

1. Hope to God that PS3 or the Wii has the same flaws, so they won't feel alone or looked at as having the inferior built system. Hoping they won't be the only ones supporting a company that was forced into a 3 yr warranty.

2. Just lash out at the other systems, no matter what the reasons. Even if those arguments no longer exist. Recently, that has usually concerned sales numbers' arguments. Only problem is lately those arguments have been slowly being taken away.

3. The saddest thing I've seen of late, wearing the RROD like some badge of honor. "You're not a real hardcore gamer if you haven't played your 360 to death." IGN even has a 360 podcast called The Three Red Lights. I mean what is that? It has nothing to do with how "hardcore" you are, it's your system crapping out because it was rushed out and it's flawed. I've had my PS3 on 3-4 days in a row straight, playing and DL-ing stuff, with no problems. If I bought a PS3 and it failed on me more than once, after finding out the failure rate was anywhere above 15%, I'd throw a shit-fit. As well as jump ship. But not fanboys.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
It's funny reading this article now. All the fanboys wanted it to hurt the PS3's sales in UK. Did it? NO! Like I said before, UK is smart enough not to believe the ravings of a few fanboys, one of which works for MS. I do find it sad how after Micheal Moore was able to convince a few people with his type of "documentaries", journalists have followed suit in his techniques. Instead of doing hard research, fact checking, and presenting the truth, even if it opposes their views, they go on their own opinion. Using "stunts", songs or cartoons, and in your face reporting to try to sway the gullible that their opinion is fact.

What's more rediculous is the 360 fanboys who looked at the report as some savior to stop the boost in sales of the PS3 Slim. Acting like a .5% failure rate is anywhere as bad as a 33%-58% failure rate. One even suggested a recall of the PS3 if there was a flaw. Really? But it's fine for the 360 to stay on the market even with its still high failure rate? How biased.

I think they are just pissed that MS screwed them over and they can only find 3 ways to deal with it so they don't get mad at their fave company:

1. Hope to God that PS3 or the Wii has the same flaws, so they won't feel alone or looked at as having the inferior built system. Hoping they won't be the only ones supporting a company that was forced into a 3 yr warranty.

2. Just lash out at the other systems, no matter what the reasons. Even if those arguments no longer exist. Recently, that has usually concerned sales numbers' arguments. Only problem is lately those arguments have been slowly being taken away.

3. The saddest thing I've seen of late, wearing the RROD like some badge of honor. "You're not a real hardcore gamer if you haven't played your 360 to death." IGN even has a 360 podcast called The Three Red Lights. I mean what is that? It has nothing to do with how "hardcore" you are, it's your system crapping out because it was rushed out and it's flawed. I've had my PS3 on 3-4 days in a row straight, playing and DL-ing stuff, with no problems. If I bought a PS3 and it failed on me more than once, after finding out the failure rate was anywhere above 15%, I'd throw a shit-fit. As well as jump ship. But not fanboys.

Totally agree!