By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony tackles BBC over 'PS3 failure' report

damndl0ser said:
Icyedge said:
RJ@Melb said:
Why are u guys defending Sony? If there is a problem and Sony have to give out free repairs isn't that a GOOD thing? It should benefit YOU..

Its does not benefit me, because my PS3 will not break :P. I doesnt want bad press for them because if we want as much good games as possible we need them to have a lot of success.

No one knows what the future holds my friend.  I hope your PS3 doesn't break, but what if it did?  And what if you were one of those unlucky few that it has happend to?  I have a feeling that you and others would be bitching to no end if it had happend to you.  I know I would.  

The worst kind of press is the kind that won't go away and Sony is headed in that direction by not acknowledging a problem and by not fixing this stuff for free.  If the problem is at .5% it would cost them very little overall to repair each and everyone of the PS3's for free.  And they would have VERY good press for going above and beyond repairing.

Well in any case it will never break from overheating, because I can certified that it does not become hot enough if use correctly. But I guess my lens will break in couple of years since I use PS3 for dvd/cd/blue-ray. But im not gonna bitch about it, its just normal that a lens break after thousands of hours reading disc, even if its after 4 years. Anyway were not talking about something really expensive compare to a lot of things in life. If I would pay 2000$ for a console, then yes I would expect it to last at least 10 years.

Around the Network

I have watched Watch Dog many times with regards to Rouge Traders and the like, and I must say this show was badly researched. Yes they have a point that electronics can be expensive to get replaced or repaired and the time taken. However it was done so badly.

Really they should have done proper research on the 3 current consoles and made a story from there rather than cherry picking 'shock figures' from one console and company to bring viewers in along with cheap jokes.

Yes, there was a lot of OMG when Microsoft was under the spot light.

Do more research Watch Dog! If you can do good research about Rouge Traders, why not do the same for bigger companies?

I'm dissapointed.

I have lost all faith in Watch Dog now and the good work they have done in the past.

Good to see this site is still going 

I have no problem with the intentions of the program. It's just that the way it was presented was utter bullshit. I can't imagine how cringe worthy the song was. Not to mention the questionable necessity of it.

MS guy well.... I guess that's only a minor thing, but then again the whole presentation is in all caps, "PATHETHIC!"

Serious f-ing business SHOULD BE serious -ing business.

I'd be glad they're getting sued. Serves them right for a half assed job..

Edited: For Cypher's complaints.

iron_megalith said:
I have no problem with the intentions of the program. It's just that the way it was presented was utter bullshit. I can't imagine how cringe worthy the song was. Not to mention the questionable necessity of it.

MS guy well.... I guess that's only a minor thing, but then again the whole presentation is in all caps, "PATHETHIC!"

Serious fucking business SHOULD BE serious fucking business.

Glad they're getting sued.

Sony suing them? O.o epic. Link please.

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

Unclean said:
iron_megalith said:

Stated it wrong. Edited it.. Man you're quick..

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Unclean said:
iron_megalith said:

Stated it wrong. Edited it.. Man you're quick..

:(

I would lol so hard at the bbc if Sony sued them:D

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

HAHA.
Google ''watchdog ps3''. Every Gaming and tech site in the world is backing Sony up on this one:D

10 pages of: ''Watchdog ps3 report fail'' ''watchdog ps3 report barking mad'' ''watchdog ps3 report falls flat''.

I hope the YLOD doesnt turn out to be an inherent problem like RROD or there is going to be a lot of egg on peoples faces.

On another tack. I'm all for passion given peoples pride and joys are being criticised but is the totally open swearing necessary. Just sub in a couple of $%^$% in the middle word.

If its starts with an F and ends in ING most of us can figure it out with missing letters.

BBC should just cancel iPlayer for PS3 in return, and that's all.

Cypher1980 said:
I hope the YLOD doesnt turn out to be an inherent problem like RROD or there is going to be a lot of egg on peoples faces.

On another tack. I'm all for passion given peoples pride and joys are being criticised but is the totally open swearing necessary. Just sub in a couple of $%^$% in the middle word.

If its starts with an F and ends in ING most of us can figure it out with missing letters.

You hope? Why bother hoping; available evidence does not show an "inherent problem." Watchdog certainly does not have a clue or an argument on the matter instead relying on some piffle about "trapped gas."

Also in a forum that allows fucking swearing in posts you're actually going to get precious at adult language being bandied about. . .

It's not a breach of the forum rules, so maybe you can let people discuss things as they wish with the langauge they wish.