By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 5B- Game Thread

Falcon095 said:

To be honest I'm not the lie detector, that's why I'm insisting so much (we don't even know if there's a lie detector). This way the real lie detector (if there is one) can check some claim without losing their ability.. being a normal towny has to have its benefits

Insisting so much is a waste of time, and potentially dangerous. If I had stepped away for the rest of the day I would have left myself open to people trying to dog pile on me for not out right denying being mafia. We gain nothing as I already claimed to not be mafia in an earlier post. It really isn't a great or even useful tactic. It is kind of annoying though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Falcon095 said:

To be honest I'm not the lie detector, that's why I'm insisting so much (we don't even know if there's a lie detector). This way the real lie detector (if there is one) can check some claim without losing their ability.. being a normal towny has to have its benefits

Insisting so much is a waste of time, and potentially dangerous. If I had stepped away for the rest of the day I would have left myself open to people trying to dog pile on me for not out right denying being mafia. We gain nothing as I already claimed to not be mafia in an earlier post. It really isn't a great or even useful tactic. It is kind of annoying though.

Sorry about not being around for a bit.  I'll probably talk a bit less in this game than I did in the last couple games.  That said, Falcon does raise a good point.  If there's a Lie Detector role in this game *cough* Falcon *cough*, it means that they can examine anyone who claims to be something they're not and catch them.

I propose that we all state that we're Pro-Town (this way we get the Mafia without exposing the doctor/cop). 

Anyone who doesn't or won't is probably Mafia and trying to avoid getting tested.

I'll go first:  I am Pro-Town.

OK, why not, I got nothing to hide. I am Pro-Town

zexen_lowe said:

Well it significantly boosts the power of the lie detector, so it can cause problems from a game balance perspective. That mainly affects how future rounds are set-up though. A cop, reporter, and lie detector in this round would mean the mafia are completely screwed.

Person Voting To Lynch ( Lynched | Murdered ) Identity

Day 1
Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6  
Zexen_lowe

Gnizmo

Dgc1808

Axumblade
No Lynch

Falcon095

Soriku

c03n3nj0

dtewi

Words Of Wisdom            
insomniac17              
outlawauron  No Lynch            

I believe this is my first time setting post view to 50/page

Also I reactivated sigs for the first time in almost 2 months LMFAO @ Domes-O-Meter!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
zexen_lowe said:

Well it significantly boosts the power of the lie detector, so it can cause problems from a game balance perspective. That mainly affects how future rounds are set-up though. A cop, reporter, and lie detector in this round would mean the mafia are completely screwed.

Well, we'll know if there's a reporter after tonight. I doubt there are the three roles, I'm more inclined to believe that there are two of them, but you never know

axumblade said:
zexen_lowe said:

As am I.

Me too! I'm pro town as well.

Woulda been in the thread earlier, but I was asleep. (9:30 class ftw!)

Well, since there's nothing to go by, I'll state my vote

Vote: No Lynch

That is, until something appears that makes me change my vote

Well be have gotten something at least. Vote: No Lynch

Who were the ones that didn't state they were pro-town? The cop could investigate them, just to have a little clue of where to go next