By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 5B- Game Thread

bastards!

This is the first game I die....

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
4 pro town power roles vs 3 mafia had us fucked from the begining. Given that the roles were most likely not randomly assigned it gave us some sort of advantage, but that only helped so much. The games very power structure was skewed away from us being able to win by what I spelled out on the first page. Having everyone do a pro/anti town check throws an extra cop into the mix and severely cripple mafia.

Still, well played WoW. I figured you were as likely bluffing as you were the lie detector. I meant to throw it out as a random accusation at one point (shotgun defense) but I got caught in court all day and was dead when I got back.

In theory, 4 vs 3 doesn't work but in the end it was basically Lie Detector + Doctor vs 3 mafia as the other two roles didn't do anything. 

They may as well have been townie and it still wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Words Of Wisdom said:

In theory, 4 vs 3 doesn't work but in the end it was basically Lie Detector + Doctor vs 3 mafia as the other two roles didn't do anything.

They may as well have been townie and it still wouldn't have changed the outcome.

They were only useless because I saw the pattern to the role assignment. If they were truely random then mafia would have been done. I am not complaining about this game. We were at a slight disadvantage because of it, but the sibling mix-up probably balanced it out. If hatmoza had used random roles then the game would have ended sooner, and without any chance for mafia victory. Especially considering the town had two kills and two investigative roles. If I were pissed about this game I would have made a huge stink at the start of day two when I first figured out there were 4 pro-town roles.

Allow me to elaborate. When I saw the mafia list it looked weird. The last surviving mafia from both game 3 and 4 were in the game. Along with them was me, who had argued that the game was balanced for the mafia despite the extra long days.  After that I thought who was likely to be given a role. My list was WoW, zexen, dtewi, and Soriku for various reasons. Soriku seemed the least likely, and I assumed only 3 pro-town. So night one dtewi gets killed and confirms my theory. After that its a simple matter of running down the list to finish off the town. The siblings, and 4 pro-town special roles threw my plan off though. So I guess it would have been too easy for the mafia to win without the 4 roles.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I use random.org to make my role selections so no worries.