By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage is 'pleased' with The Conduit sales

the_bloodwalker said:
We also have to remember that part of the budget was for the improvements on the Quantum 3 engine, which will be used on other Wii titles.

This ^^

It already has been used for several titles over the last few years including their film/telly tie ins and Wiiware titles which have helped High Voltage to self-fund the majority of the development of The Conduit.

People see an engine running an FPS game and for some reason think that the engine can pnly be used for FPS games which has always puzzled me tbh.

I still think it has a chance to break 500,000 sales before the end of the financial year but I'd say a sequel is pretty much guarantted even if it doesn't perform as well in terms of sales.

Around the Network

Why are Sony fans always in Nintendo threads trying to turn every game into a flop?

people is not freaking rocket science. Those numbers prove without much doubt a success, moderate or so, but success.It ousold loads of wii games(that have sequels) in few months.Are you that blind?HVS cant lie, because the numbers are out there.They are just stating the obvious.Skewed minded people...

This thread has become dominated by childish views.

Conduit was not filled with expensive cut scenes, was not promoted massively on the scale of a Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft game, is not a vast and complex plot, nor has an enormous expansive design. It is a simple, corridor-based game in the mode of Perfect Dark and Goldeneye with some nice graphical effects and fun online service.

It is clearly not an expensive game. As to how much money HVS have made, only they know...

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

I bought this game a few weeks ago and only played like 2 times. It sucks tbh.

Anyway glad they're pleased with the sales I suppose...

Around the Network
Ail said:
I still don't get how Sega could have made any money on this game with the TV advertising campaign it got...

A television marketing campaign is one of the most difficult things to estimate the budget of because of how wide of a spread there is between the cost of a high end and low end in the cost of a commercial. To get an ad on a small cable network in the middle of the day while they’re running a re-run can (often) be only a couple of thousand dollars, while getting an ad on a big major network during primetime can be hundreds of thousands (and potentially millions) of dollars.

While I don't really know all of the spots that Sega paid for, from what I saw it seemed like Sega paid for a lot of spots at cheaper times rather than paying for more expensive commercials. I could be wrong but I suspect that, while the campaign was probably not "Cheap", Sega’s marketing campaign was probably fairly modest.

HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:
I still don't get how Sega could have made any money on this game with the TV advertising campaign it got...

A television marketing campaign is one of the most difficult things to estimate the budget of because of how wide of a spread there is between the cost of a high end and low end in the cost of a commercial. To get an ad on a small cable network in the middle of the day while they’re running a re-run can (often) be only a couple of thousand dollars, while getting an ad on a big major network during primetime can be hundreds of thousands (and potentially millions) of dollars.

While I don't really know all of the spots that Sega paid for, from what I saw it seemed like Sega paid for a lot of spots at cheaper times rather than paying for more expensive commercials. I could be wrong but I suspect that, while the campaign was probably not "Cheap", Sega’s marketing campaign was probably fairly modest.

Granted I don't think the adds were on major networks ( well I don't watch them outside of the football season so I can't tell anyway).

But from what I saw they were at a decent hour of the day ( I saw a lot of Conduit adds on SciFi and Spike around prime time ( 6-9 PM mountain time) I think I saw them on TNT around the same time but I don't really remember.( which would be a more expensive add market than SciFi or Spike).

I did see a lot of them and I don't watch a lot of TV.

I still would think a campaign like this would cost around 1-2 million$ (between the add agency costs, the multiple airings and so on..).

By comparison I would estimate the current Sony PS3 Slim/lower price campaign probably costs around 40 million$ or more ( they are even airing adds during Monday Night Football and those slots are not cheap at all..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

well im glad theyre pleased. hopefully some more good shooters make their way to the wii

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

This game bombed. I wrote an entire thread about why it did. Hopefully High Voltage takes all of my suggestions and makes a game that can crush Halo's sales.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger