By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim sells 57 000 in its second week in Japan

@Bladeforce

"Look at the bigger picture the PS3 has lost millions upon millions since launch. The PS3 will have to sell 150k in each territory for another year to even make a dent. With only 57k in the 2nd week things are beginning to stabalize and it's bombing even the GoW release had a better hike in sales in Japan than the price cut!!"

Sorry, but who the fuck are u? What utter garbage!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

Very nice numbers in Japan. 60k is really great, considering about 80k was it's old time record. If it can get around 300k 2nd week, it would be a phenomenal achievement to reach 850k in just 2 weeks!!!

Could do about 1.1 ~ 1.2 for the month of Sep... insain!

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

Gab said:

A big drop but I actually predicted a little lower. The PS3 needs some new games in Japan now.

http://edge-online.com/news/japan-weekly-ps3-sales-drop-to-57000

The number were wrong apparantly.

Leaked number:

Famitsu Sales: 09/07 - 09/13

DSL 9600
DSi 66000
PSP 20000
Wii 15000
PS3 54000
PS2 3200
360 6900

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1253072446/443

psrock said:
PS3 = 57K = BAD
360= 4K= GOOD

Not exactly:

PS3: 54k (bad if you want)

360: 7k (good, i am agree with you)

Vetteman94 said:
Even taking kowen's numbers isnt that about what most people were expecting? Around 250-270K, I think his numbers are going to be pretty damn close.

Well, actually it did >305k, really not bad, particularly considering Japan drop from 1st week. Best thing for PS3 is that judging from really little drop from 1st week in America, it looks like they really didn't hate it there, they were just waiting for a better price. Haters will be disappointed. And Wii haters too, as even without big things for it yet, it looks like its worst weeks won't drop under a very good ~180k.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Gab said:

A big drop but I actually predicted a little lower. The PS3 needs some new games in Japan now.

http://edge-online.com/news/japan-weekly-ps3-sales-drop-to-57000

Boom!! It dropped like 64% after the 1st week. It'll be under 35K next week in Japan and Under 75K in U.S. I think only the Others section will stay high.

'gaming till I'm gone'

My monies on SONY making their fiscal forcast of 13 mil. Hats of if they do!

CGI-Quality said:
FinalEvangelion said:
psrock said:
PS3 = 57K = BAD
360= 4K= GOOD

Over time, you can convince someone that 2+2 = 5, as stated by George Orwell.  Around here, I'm afraid the PS3 will always be a failure and doomed no matter what.

Eh, many consoles will be deemed failures no matter what, it's just that the PS3 initially looked to be a failure in the beginning. Then when it wasn't, (at least technically - FINANCIALLY is another matter) many people decided that it was too late, the Black Behemouth was teh failurez................

The thing is that financial success/failure is the only thing that matters. Financial failures, no matter how awesome they may be technically, are ultimately deemed unsustainable by their manufacturers and discontinued. High price and even higher development costs, coupled with low sales, results in loss of third-party support and exclusives.

Love how 360 fanboys pretend the PS3 is a failure just because 360 barley manages to outsell it :P Always Funny.

But if thats the case, after what the PS2 did to the Xbox, The entire Xbox Brand is a FAIL
Same with the Zune and ipod.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
Love how 360 fanboys pretend the PS3 is a failure just because 360 barley manages to outsell it :P Always Funny.

But if thats the case, after what the PS2 did to the Xbox, The entire Xbox Brand is a FAIL
Same with the Zune and ipod.

People don't call the PS3 a failure because it's in third place in sales. People call it that because it's lost its company billions of dollars.