By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More Nintendo Wii Bashing From CNET

splatman1981 said:
HappySqurriel said:

YTD North American Software Sales:

Software Totals:

Console Year Total
Total 99,444,039  

Even if you take away Wii Sports, the Wii is doing pretty well being that it hasn't had the quantity of major releases this year that the competition has had. On top of that, one has to wonder how much of an impact the virtual console has on game sales because I'm far more likely to buy a good VC game that a crappy Wii game.

i'm a little confused, those numbers seem bogus

the most current numbers i can find are here...

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39362 

Try the yearly chart http://vgchartz.com/ayearly.php

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Mario is Spanish, not Mexican.

LOL a Mexican Mario, well that should explain the "Peyote" love...

BTW Im not laughing at you dtwei 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Facher, wow, I know how you feel where the person on the opposite side is incapable of understanding the argument at hand. Words of Wisdom, let me try to simplify it for you.

OP said <snip>

I started to respond to your whole post until I noticed you didn't even bother to realize the OP isn't the poster in question.

Sorry, your topic is in another castle.  Try again.

WoW:  It was never an objective to prove anything other than grandmaster192 was using immature reasonins to back up his unfactual statements.  YOU took my statements as hard concrete without ever taking them as rersponses to gm192, and I honestly can't see anything other than that, unless you can explain it to me (hence a constructive debate (not argument)) on a (hopefully) educated forum.

Not my problem.  You were supposed to explain why they were "unfactual."  At this point the best you seem to be doing is insulting them.  Rol managed to present more solid arguments in one post than you have in all of yours combined.

Go out, debate with some other people, pit your ideas against theirs, and come back with a few more levels under your belt.

FYI, constructive debates are supported with attempts at evidence, citation, and un-biased statements.  I will certainly include sarcasm, such as my meeting 68,286 people who hate the XBox 360, just because I can type it, as long as users on this forum take it as fact.

Except that your posts exude bias like blood from a severed artery especially in regards to the possibility of someone disliking Nintendo brand video games/characters.  Rather than attempt to pretend to have an unbiased argument, you should acknowledge bias where you see it and understand its flaws.

Let me sumurrize and honestly try and explain your own post so that you might see yourself in a mirror:

I started to respond with knowledge but decided I couldn't.  I missed the topic and was going to flame someone other than the topic.

I'm better than you, honestly, go out and get experience, and come back to debate with more intelligence.  I insult you without any real reason.  I can't explain it to you, so, therefore you are no good at debating even though I can not honestly explain why.

I'm so anti-fanboy that I don't even know when an anti-fanboy appears, like a blood-thirsty ant that makes no sense.

------

Notice how my post made absolutely no reference to anything actually stated or found to be true?  Go take some english courses if you wish to present anything useful, seriously.  I can state exacly what you say, in all its glory, justa s well as you have.  Only, there's nearly no indication, if you take out the names, who exactly you're referring to, only because there's no EVIDENCE presented.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

"Sorry to say, graphics still matter, and because it is lacking, some walk into a room, play with it for an hour, tell everyone how fun it is, and go back to their PS3 to marvel at the look of a game,"

I agree. Some people are graphics whores, I am sorry to say that the majority of current gen gamers are not, thus, you lose.

Around the Network

People nay say every console of every generation, there is no real reason to get too upset over this. For whatever reason there are going to be individuals (knowledgeable or not) who think they are gifted in decifering the riddle of each video game generation. It doesn't mean they're necessaraly wrong, but given the fact that there are so many analysist and so many conflicting views across the board you've simply got to take each with a grain of salt. This also illustrates in this particular instance that the reputability of an establishment (CNET) isn't always enough to make the said analyst's take on the matter accurate or valid.

We see everyday the Wii, PS3 and 360 (although for some reason not to the same extent as it competitors) recieve verbal bashings from any number of sources, its just the game that's played every generation.

Mexican, Spanish, Dutch, Italian? Mario? Pfah!

He sports a mustache and a beret, he is clearly French.

As for Wisdom's confusion as to the Spanish/Mexican article he clearly was thrown off by the article saying we need to buy Mario Tapas now.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Words Of Wisdom said:
Facher, wow, I know how you feel where the person on the opposite side is incapable of understanding the argument at hand. Words of Wisdom, let me try to simplify it for you.

OP said

I started to respond to your whole post until I noticed you didn't even bother to realize the OP isn't the poster in question.

Sorry, your topic is in another castle. Try again.

How can the OP not be the poster in question!? He's the freaking Original Poster, the person whose post this entire argument is based off of. It amazes me how you can think you actually make sense.

Gotta love CNET after that!

settle down fellas

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY