By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Vs. Revolution

Revolution takes too long to type. 360 ps3 wii all can be typed with 3 letters.. People would be calling revolution "rev" which would sound pretty gay. Wii fits in just fine, it's a great name. Congrats on the person who thought of it.

Around the Network

Inspired by the success of Nintendo Wii, Sony decided to drop the name PS4, and named their next concole as Poo

Personally I think the name Wii was purely a marketing thing.

The Revolution was the least known of the three consoles, it was pretty much considered to be a thing for Ninty fanboys and nobody else and a lot of PS2 gamers wouldnt have even heard of it.
Then they renamed it the 'Wii' and the internets resounded with a huge 'WHAT THE FUCK?' suddenly everybody who used the internet had heard of the Wii, and heard it again and again and again.
Basically it got Nintendos name back out there.

Revolution, Wii is annoying since I have to constantly call it The Wii, least someone confuses it for the obvious penis joke or less obvious Wheee! sound.

Wii works for me, but I admit the first time I heard it was like no way! But the more I heard it the better it started to sound. Same scenario with the Gamecube. Dolphin sounded a dozen times more cooler. And N64 was originally named Nintendo Ultra64. Expect the next Nintendo to be Wii2. Too many name changes is not good. Wii2 will build on the success of the Wii brandname like the SNES build on the NES name, PS2 on the PS...

Around the Network
Rath said:

The Revolution was the least known of the three consoles, it was pretty much considered to be a thing for Ninty fanboys and nobody else and a lot of PS2 gamers wouldnt have even heard of it.
Then they renamed it the 'Wii' and the internets resounded with a huge 'WHAT THE FUCK?' suddenly everybody who used the internet had heard of the Wii, and heard it again and again and again.

You're a bit off. The internet already exploded with a huge "WHAT THE FUCK?" when the controller was shown. Were you in a cave in TGS '05? So Nintendo already had their name back out there. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I prefer the Wii, "Revolution" sounds like an overrated thing, and anyone who still doesn't get that you are talking about the console and not urine is living under a rock

When i first heard the name Wii, i hadn't heard of Revolution, because i was looking out for the PS3, but after E3 2006 my mind did a complete loop and i couldn't care less about the PS3, and was scurrying around trying to find out more details about Wii.. so maybe me hearing the name "Wii" first made me think it fit better

Only nerds prefer Revolution... j/k :P

Wii FTW. Revolution is just too arrogant, Wii is humble and down to earth. Also, as a spanish speaking person, there are no joke problems here.

Now, on the other hand, the Playstation... :P

LordTheNightKnight said:
Rath said:

You're a bit off. The internet already exploded with a huge "WHAT THE FUCK?" when the controller was shown. Were you in a cave in TGS '05? So Nintendo already had their name back out there.

Yeah but I swear that WHAT THE FUCK wasnt as big as the Wii one. The entire Wii thing lead to at least a wiik of solid wii jokes.

(Im sorry, I had to)

Rath said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Rath said:

Yeah but I swear that WHAT THE FUCK wasnt as big as the Wii one. The entire Wii thing lead to at least a wiik of solid wii jokes.

(Im sorry, I had to)

Well bigger in the level of pure shock. The controller was more a mix of confusion and shock. Basically, the internet asked if Nintendo was out of their minds with the controller, and said they were out of their minds with the name.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs