By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How credible is VGChartz Posters?

MrNathanDrake said:
I dunno, Neogaf is a pretty good site without much blatant fanboyism, and they still ban ppl just for mentioning VGchartz

That's good. I consider Neogaf to be 4chan with usernames. Useful for funny pictures and the occasional leak, but viotile community.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

1. ioi and NEOGaf have personal issues. They are partially the reason ioi even started this site.

2. Predictions are just that predictions. ioi, like many of us, simply didn't think it would be that large of an uptick on the first real week. I was thinking 300-350k worldwide, yet it seems like it will break 500k. Nice.

In the end, every time there is a manufacturer's shipped figures release, ioi's numbers are reasonably close when you considered products in retail pipeline.

dsister44 said:
I heard it like this. People did not like the way their systems games were selling. So they often say that this site is crap. That is why Nintendo sites do not have many problems with us. One of the site admins said that I believe

That's hardly suprising that Nintendo sites love VGC.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

MrNathanDrake said:
luvtospooge said:

The question to why they banned you for mentioning VgChartz still intrigues me.

LOL, it literally says "Reason: Using VGChartz as a source"

I only had about 100 posts and never flamed or trolled. I used VGC as a source for Drakes Fortunes sales and next thing you know, I was banned.

And yet, you refer to it as a "good site"? Baffling. "Yes, dear, you'll love England only don't mention Scottland or they'll throw you out on your ass."

then don't mention it. imo vgchartz is a good site but not until its so notorious until
its sales numbers are not credible.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!