By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How credible is VGChartz Posters?

That's why it's called Prediction. Can be wrong, can be right.

The question to why they banned you for mentioning VgChartz still intrigues me.

Around the Network

Ummm... do you know what a prediction is?

4 ≈ One

That's rediculous. I don't care if ioi predicted 5 ps3's sold in september as long as the actual sales numbers the site posts are more or less close to where they should be. And as far as I know and can prove, they are. So I'm happy.

PS3 Trophies

luvtospooge said:
That's why it's called Prediction. Can be wrong, can be right.

Exactly, it is only a predition. There is no bold print that says the numbers are 100% accurate.

luvtospooge said:

LOL, it literally says "Reason: Using VGChartz as a source"

I only had about 100 posts and never flamed or trolled. I used VGC as a source for Drakes Fortunes sales and next thing you know, I was banned.

Around the Network
MrNathanDrake said:
luvtospooge said:

I only had about 100 posts and never flamed or trolled. I used VGC as a source for Drakes Fortunes sales and next thing you know, I was banned.

Yes I wanna know why they banned you for using a sales site for a game's sales.

luvtospooge said:
MrNathanDrake said:
luvtospooge said:

It would be fun to troll the hell out of GAF.

Unfortunately, that is slightly beneath me.

Off-Topic: Good username reference.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

luvtospooge said:
MrNathanDrake said:
luvtospooge said:

There is some pretty bad blood between Brett and Neogaf.  If you look at their forum rules, they specifically state that any use of vgchartz will result in a ban.

To qoute their rules:

4. VG Chartzzzzz: Long history with GAF's sales-age. Numbers are never accurate. -- Posting anything from this site will result in a ban. Our numbers are right. Theirs are wrong. Period.

MrNathanDrake said:
Khuutra said:
Brett's not obligated to make good predictions. He just needs to track the numbers that do come in.

True, I dont blame ioi.... but maybe the posters here should stop taking his predictions as Gold.

If someone in the other thread predicted 150,000 units sold for PS3 in Japan, peopel would respond saying "ioi just predicted 50,000 - 100,000, with 100,000 being the high end...so you are wrong!"

It's like everyone got their pitchforks out if someone thought outside the box a little bit.

I'm just saying... people's predictions at this forum aren't as credible as I once thought.

Given his staus and knowledge he IS the best person to believe when it comes to predictions. If some fanboy predicted 400k, that wasn't because thats what they foresaw, it was what they wanted. and they got lucky.

MrNathanDrake said:
Khuutra said:
Brett's not obligated to make good predictions. He just needs to track the numbers that do come in.

True, I dont blame ioi.... but maybe the posters here should stop taking his predictions as Gold.

If someone in the other thread predicted 150,000 units sold for PS3 in Japan, peopel would respond saying "ioi just predicted 50,000 - 100,000, with 100,000 being the high end...so you are wrong!"

It's like everyone got their pitchforks out if someone thought outside the box a little bit.

I'm just saying... people's predictions at this forum aren't as credible as I once thought.

I wouldn't worry about people's predictions. People's predictions will be roughly the same no matter where they come from.