By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I sincerely hope Sony didn't lose too much money on the PS3 Slim launch.

What made you think I forgot that? I at no point implied the chipset is the same. And spamming posts is bad form. Nor have you proven anything, just wrote a bunch of suppositions.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

the problem is that our point is not provable until later on.

However, we are acting on the assumption that Sony knows what they are doing.

LordTheNightKnight said:
What made you think I forgot that? I at no point implied the chipset is the same. And spamming posts is bad form. Nor have you proven anything, just wrote a bunch of suppositions.

No, spamming would be pointless posts. When I enter the thread and there are 9 pages of people before that I want to all respond to its called exactly what I said. A response. I didn't say you implied they were the same chipset what I said is that with the new chips they probablly at the higher end of the spectrum costs. And overtime will lower.

i am sure one ps2 sale covers the cost of one ps3 slim sale (notice the hyperbole)

markers said:
i am sure one ps2 sale covers the cost of one ps3 slim sale (notice the hyperbole)

I very much doubt that. A lot of people think the Ps2 is sooo profitable but I see them making a 10 dollar profit. How much does it cost to manufacture one of them? I doubt it's less than 50 dollars which would be what it needs to be to make up the loss.

Around the Network

the way things have played out, sony is really only going to make money through software, add ons (controllers etc), and repairs. Hopefully they'll be able to break 100% even so that they can focus on their next console

Orca_Azure said:
the way things have played out, sony is really only going to make money through software, add ons (controllers etc), and repairs. Hopefully they'll be able to break 100% even so that they can focus on their next console

You will see Sony posting profits regularly after the holidays. They don't have R&D eating away at their revenue with PSP GO, PS3 slim and almost done with the PS Wand. The Ps3's new chip will lower in costs over time as mass production becomes easier.

Max King of the Wild said:
markers said:

I very much doubt that. A lot of people think the Ps2 is sooo profitable but I see them making a 10 dollar profit. How much does it cost to manufacture one of them? I doubt it's less than 50 dollars which would be what it needs to be to make up the loss.

Hyperbole -

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

thought i was obvious with the end statement xD i just mean that the loss is nothing to panick over. once the new materials / chipsets drop in price in a few months, bundled with the increased software sales across the board, it will be in the green.

Multiple posts is spamming. And predictions are not arguments. I'm going off of what Sony has actually said about the PS3.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Multiple posts is spamming. And predictions are not arguments. I'm going off of what Sony has actually said about the PS3.

Yawn. You are obnoxious. Go report it if it's spam.