By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Dev Showdown: LionHead Studios vs Rare

PullusPardus said:
Seinfeld said:
Rare is by far the most over rated developer I can think of. Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were fantastic but I don't get the popularity of the N64 games. Impressive visuals mixed with mediocre gameplay.

Fable 1 and 2 are far more ambitious and fun than anything Rare has put out.

same thing happening with not so known developers from both sony and microsoft.

Which developers do you mean?

Around the Network

Rare

What are you looking at, nerd?

Lionhead

Rare

Lionhead games sell more consoles then Rare's games do. But Rare is more involved with the new xbox experience and their findings are going to effect the succes of Natal. So from Microsoft's perspective Rare might be more important for them, especially if it works and Natal attracts casual gamers then Rare games are going to get a lot more demand. But right now I have to say I like Lionhead more, mainly because I love WRPG.

Around the Network

Rare

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Lionhead easily. I love Rare but they're underperforming like crazy.

Lionhead is very valuable for MS. It's the type of studio that gives the brand a high profile and generates hype.

Seeing as how I  hated Fable, and that I sold my Gamecube to buy an Xbox when Rare was bought. I will have to go with Rare

Lionhead, they make better current gen games than Rare. Fable 2 is one of the best wrpg this gen. Milo and Fable III will be even better.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I don't care for Rare at all. I liked Fable 2 a lot so I say Lionhead.