By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Dev Showdown: LionHead Studios vs Rare

mwjw696 said:
Lionhead is so far the best, at least they made a decent game this gen.

As opposed to Rare?

Who have made several.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I like Fable but I have to go with Rare they been making good games going back to the NES. I also think that Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is one of the most underrated games this generation and Donkey Kong Country 3 has one of the best on of the best soundtracks in video game history.

This really comes down to how much you like Fable. Rare is much bigger than Lionhead and works on like three projects at the same time, so yeah, you'll get variety and quantity. But I will have to with Lionhead, because I do really enjoy the Fable franchise...hopefully Kazooie won't peck my head off.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I'm gonna definitely go with Lionhead. Fable series is one of the best RPG series ever (right up there with Fallout 3, and Mass Effect)

Rare is by far the most over rated developer I can think of. Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were fantastic but I don't get the popularity of the N64 games. Impressive visuals mixed with mediocre gameplay.

Fable 1 and 2 are far more ambitious and fun than anything Rare has put out.

Around the Network

lionhead..

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Rare for me!

Based on their full catalogues of games I don't see how the win can fail to go to Rare, but if we're taking about just Xbox 360 games, I think Fable 2 is a fantastic game that's better than anything Rare have put out for the 360 so far.

Seinfeld said:
Rare is by far the most over rated developer I can think of. Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were fantastic but I don't get the popularity of the N64 games. Impressive visuals mixed with mediocre gameplay.

Fable 1 and 2 are far more ambitious and fun than anything Rare has put out.

Rare grew popular when Xbox fanboys claimed nintendo is dead since Rare isn't developing their games and Microsoft is king of platformers.

same thing happening with not so known developers from both sony and microsoft.

>.