By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

brute said:
Khuutra said:
brute said:
I have a question is there anyone else besides Miciah that can level up to 60?

Every beorc unit in the game can get that high.

Really?

Do I have to have a Path of Radiance save file? Or maybe is it on the harder difficulties, because I have only played this on easy since it's my first FE, just started on normal.

It's because, when I reach level 20 for the second time, it doesn't allow me to add BEXP to that character, and also when he/she fights, after the battle it doesn't add anymore EXP.

The actual level of the beorc unit reaches 60, but Micaiah is the only one that starts the game at 1/0/0.  So Micaiah is the only unit in the game that you see all 59 level ups.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:

I believe you are incorrect.

The Beorc have 60 levels, the Laguz only has 40, which is why it is times 1.5. So it becomes the same, essentially.

I do not believe that Laguz actually get less exp, just that people think this incorrectly. Volug, for instance, isn't the same as a lv 15 Beorc, he's the same as a 20/15 Beorc. Many people ignore that.

My statements of the experience gain are quoted directly from serenesforest so they are not incorrect.

The statement that it does a laguz longer to gain a level than a Beorc is also still true.

All you've done is said that in about the time it takes a Laguz to gain 39 levels, a Beorc will gain 59 levels.

I believe you're misreading from Serenesforest.

For Laguz characters, their Level is multiplied by 1.5

Laguz only have 40 levels. A lv 1 Laguz doesn't get exp as 21 * 1.5 *+ 50, he counts as 1 * 1.5  + 50

In the same way, a lv 30 Laguz doesn't count as lv 50 * 1.5 + 50, it counts as 30*1.5 + 50-

Pineapple said:

Laguz only have 40 levels. A lv 1 Laguz doesn't get exp as 21 * 1.5 *+ 50, he counts as 1 * 1.5  + 50

In the same way, a lv 30 Laguz doesn't count as lv 50 * 1.5 + 50, it counts as 30*1.5 + 50-

I never said that at all nor implied it.  O.o

Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:

I never said that at all nor implied it.  O.o

I know. That there is what believe is the case, looking at what it says there, not what I think you said.

Khuutra said:
brute said:
Khuutra said:
brute said:

Really?

Do I have to have a Path of Radiance save file? Or maybe is it on the harder difficulties, because I have only played this on easy since it's my first FE, just started on normal.

It's because, when I reach level 20 for the second time, it doesn't allow me to add BEXP to that character, and also when he/she fights, after the battle it doesn't add anymore EXP.

Who are you using, and what is their current class?

If it is Ike, he only promotes at certain points in the story.

Well when I've made it for the second time lv.20 with Haar, Titania, Geoffrey and Kieran, they wouldn't go any more, I wasn't even able to assign them BEXP, also I know about Ike getting a higher level latter on in the game, so does Sothe, I've beatin the game, but only on easy.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
Khuutra said:
brute said:
Khuutra said:
brute said:

Really?

Who are you using, and what is their current class?

If it is Ike, he only promotes at certain points in the story.

Well when I've made it for the second time lv.20 with Haar, Titania, Geoffrey and Kieran, they wouldn't go any more, I wasn't even able to assign them BEXP, also I know about Ike getting a higher level latter on in the game, so does Sothe, I've beatin the game, but only on easy.

All of those character start off in tier 2! Sorry about that, I misunderstood. They only get one class change.

Their stats are still as good as those who get two class changes, though, bcause those guys start off much weaker.

Like for example, Titania when she first passes the level 20 mark she becomes a Gold Knight, after that she doesn't go any higher, and in total that equals, only 40 lvls, but Miciah becomes a light priest later on, in which her total will equal 60.

brute said:
Like for example, Titania when she first passes the level 20 mark she becomes a Gold Knight, after that she doesn't go any higher, and in total that equals, only 40 lvls, but Miciah becomes a light priest later on, in which her total will equal 60.

Titania starts the game as 20/15.  She's already Tier 2 when you get her.

brute said:

Read my quote.  All beorc character classes have 3 tiers, each consisting of 20 levels.  The confusion that you are seeing is that every character that you get in the game past Part 1 starts somewhere in the 2nd tier.  This means every single character in Ike's campaign starts somewhere between levels 20-40.

So yes, Macaiah is the only character you actually get to run through all 59 level ups, the rest start at a level higher than 1/0/0 (example Ike starts at 20/11/0).

Oh ok guys thanks for clearing that up.