By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

Khuutra said:
largedarryl said:
Khuutra said:
Granted, but each of their important +1s (except HP) are effectively +2s, so I think it balances all right. If you take the time to raise Volug, he's very usable - arguably better than many beorc.

He certianly will be, but it when it comes down to Miciah's level's, is it really worth gimping ~2 other character to ensure Volug is at a useable level come Part 4?

There's actually a strategy for raising Volug in Chapter 3, in the level with all the enemy laguz... involves giving him Beastfoe and a good evade support, then leaving him sitting there in human form so he whips the Hell out of the incoming laguz. Appaently he can gain an absurd number of levels in very, very few fights that way.

I was going to bring that up, the only way the laguz actually get some nice XP is when the are not transformed.  I suppose he could get some mean XP with with A support with another earth support.  I may be tempted to try something like that, although he will still only have an A skill level for strike (he could be useful at the end of the chapter).

Around the Network
largedarryl said:
Khuutra said:
largedarryl said:

He certianly will be, but it when it comes down to Miciah's level's, is it really worth gimping ~2 other character to ensure Volug is at a useable level come Part 4?

There's actually a strategy for raising Volug in Chapter 3, in the level with all the enemy laguz... involves giving him Beastfoe and a good evade support, then leaving him sitting there in human form so he whips the Hell out of the incoming laguz. Appaently he can gain an absurd number of levels in very, very few fights that way.

I was going to bring that up, the only way the laguz actually get some nice XP is when the are not transformed.  I suppose he could get some mean XP with with A support with another earth support.  I may be tempted to try something like that, although he will still only have an A skill level for strike (he could be useful at the end of the chapter).

Apparently the strategy is to give him Beastfoe and Resolve. This guide say he gains nearly a dozen levels in 3-6 alone - and you can repeat this in 3-13.

I might end up doing that. I like Volug.

Khuutra said:
largedarryl said:
Khuutra said:
largedarryl said:

Apparently the strategy is to give him Beastfoe and Resolve. This guide say he gains nearly a dozen levels in 3-6 alone - and you can repeat this in 3-13.

I might end up doing that. I like Volug.

As a character (who doesn't have any lines you can understand) he isn't too bad (better than most of the other Micaiah characters).

Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:

They seem hard to level because you try to level them while they're still higher level than the rest. I don't believe that they are actually harder than a beorc at the same level (but I might be wrong)

Laguz units require roughly 50% more experience to gain a level than their Beorc counterpart of the same level.

Are you sure about that? If you look at the BEXP, it's not that way with that. It seems somewhat odd that it is harder with regular exp, but not with BEXP.

Actually, BEXP is what I was looking at.

For Laguz characters, their Level is multiplied by 1.5

For Beorc it's:  (50 x level) + 50.

For Laguz it's:  (50 x level x 1.5) + 50.

I believe you are incorrect.

The Beorc have 60 levels, the Laguz only has 40, which is why it is times 1.5. So it becomes the same, essentially.

I do not believe that Laguz actually get less exp, just that people think this incorrectly. Volug, for instance, isn't the same as a lv 15 Beorc, he's the same as a 20/15 Beorc. Many people ignore that.

Pineapple said:

The Beorc have 60 levels, the Laguz only has 40, which is why it is times 1.5. So it becomes the same, essentially.

I do not believe that Laguz actually get less exp, just that people think this incorrectly. Volug, for instance, isn't the same as a lv 15 Beorc, he's the same as a 20/15 Beorc. Many people ignore that.

My statements of the experience gain are quoted directly from serenesforest so they are not incorrect. 

The statement that it does a laguz longer to gain a level than a Beorc is also still true.

All you've done is said that in about the time it takes a Laguz to gain 39 levels, a Beorc will gain 59 levels.

Around the Network
Pineapple said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:

They seem hard to level because you try to level them while they're still higher level than the rest. I don't believe that they are actually harder than a beorc at the same level (but I might be wrong)

Laguz units require roughly 50% more experience to gain a level than their Beorc counterpart of the same level.

Are you sure about that? If you look at the BEXP, it's not that way with that. It seems somewhat odd that it is harder with regular exp, but not with BEXP.

Actually, BEXP is what I was looking at.

For Laguz characters, their Level is multiplied by 1.5

For Beorc it's:  (50 x level) + 50.

For Laguz it's:  (50 x level x 1.5) + 50.

Well Volug appears like a level 15 beorc because he has the stupidest skill automatically equiped for all of Part 1.

I have a question is there anyone else besides Miciah that can level up to 60?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:

Every beorc unit in the game can get that high.

Khuutra said:
brute said:

Really?

Do I have to have a Path of Radiance save file? Or maybe is it on the harder difficulties, because I have only played this on easy since it's my first FE, just started on normal.

It's because, when I reach level 20 for the second time, it doesn't allow me to add BEXP to that character, and also when he/she fights, after the battle it doesn't add anymore EXP.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
Khuutra said:
brute said:

Really?

Do I have to have a Path of Radiance save file? Or maybe is it on the harder difficulties, because I have only played this on easy since it's my first FE, just started on normal.

It's because, when I reach level 20 for the second time, it doesn't allow me to add BEXP to that character, and also when he/she fights, after the battle it doesn't add anymore EXP.

Who are you using, and what is their current class?

If it is Ike, he only promotes at certain points in the story.