By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

I've only played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. From those 2, I prefer Radiant Dawn (probably only because of the generation leap). However, I prefer Ike's personality in PoR by FAR. He sounds like an annoying musclehead in RD.

Fav character in PoR: Ike
Fav character in RD: Elincia

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Annoying... musclehead? How? I'd rather classify it as that in Radiant Dawn, he's a general. In Path of Radiance, he's a boy trying to be a general.

There's also far less focus on Ike in Radiant Dawn. In a sense, Path of Radiance is Ike's game, whereas Radiant Dawn is the (blackened for spoilers, unless you've reached Part 4) game of fighting the goddess.  

It doesn't revolve around Ike's feelings, the death of G (spoilerfree, you should understand this if you have played it).

I'd actually claim that Elincia is a far weaker character than most others in her position (in the series), for the fact that she has only good abilities. That's a step back to the GBA games. (Of course, many characters share this weakness).

"Pray to whatever the gods worship: your death is at hand!"

I'm sorry, I thought Ike was just a bad-ass in Radiant Dawn, heir to Hector's legacy.

It depends on what kind of personality you like. Ike is a Hector-ish character in Radiant Dawn, whereas he's more of a mix of Eliwood (or any of the similar lords) and Hector.

I really like Ike in both games. Both of them are characters I like.

Pineapple said:

It's not that hard, you're just playing the level the wrong way. Or well, not the most effective way.

By taking a defensive stance, I'm sure the level will be dull. If you attempt to charge at them, it will be far more fun. Send a flier down to the right, and pull the enemies down there. This will give you a ~ 4 round gap, from most of the enemies from the right side. The left side is easy to block, with a Brom/Nephenee (or someone else, if you prefer that).

Now, charge down the right side. There won't be many enemies there. As the enemies you pulled down on the right side now attempt to return, make sure you use your flier to keep them going back to where the Royal Guards will arrive.

Now you have a easy-to-hold situation. You have the Royal Knights from the right, and two single-squares to keep. On hard, this is enough. Just keep this position.

On normal, you can go for Ludveck if you please. He's not very difficult.

As for the length...

- Turn battles off completely.

- Set the game to high speed

It will still take a touch over an hour, though (I used 1h 13 min last playthrough).

I'll try not to kill Ludveck then. when you say to send a flier right he as a specific spot to stay? aren't there any anti air units?

-----

My favorite chars (not about skills):

sword of seals: Rutger

blazing sword: Lucius (all time favorite)

Sacred Stones: Amelia

Path of radiance and Radiant Dawn: Soren and Nephenee

Around the Network

My "non-royal Laguz" endgame playthrough went pretty well, actually. It was just marginally harder than the average one.

You're forced to play more aggressively than you would with beorc. Rather than block a spot, you should allow 3-4 units to attack you in one round. The laguz survive that.

Pineapple said:

My "non-royal Laguz" endgame playthrough went pretty well, actually. It was just marginally harder than the average one.

You're forced to play more aggressively than you would with beorc. Rather than block a spot, you should allow 3-4 units to attack you in one round. The laguz survive that.

Probably the only saving grace for Laguz in the endgame is that the spirit enemies in the last 2 chapters are not capable of exploiting weakness to magic.

The endgame is actually the part of the game where resistance is the most important.

It's not like all the Laguz have awful resistances.

Vika hits 36 resistance (shifted) at level 30. As far as I know, none of the non-spellcaster Laguz reach that much, even at level 20/20/20- not even the Pegasus knights.

Nealuchi hits 30 resistance

Lyre hits 30 resistance

But, yes. The Laguz do have a lower resistance than their beorc counterparts. They tend to lie in the 20-25 resistance (shifted) range.

While that's somewhat lower than the beorc average, that's still higher than Ike, and on par with most of the Paladins.

The laguz' combined defence + resistance is higher than the average for the beorc. They also deal more damage, have more health, and hit more often. A shifted Laguz is better than a beorc. They do, however, lack the ability to damage opponents 2 squares away.

So the issue isn't that they're underpowered, but that they're hard to keep constantly shifted. Once you learn how to keep them shifted every time an opponent attacks, I'd say they're definitely on par with beorc.

Laguz still take too long to level. It's great that a fully leveled and transformed laguz is on par with Beorc but considering it takes so much more effort to get to that point, it's still not worth it.

It's like Fiona. Sure she could be excellent with her equipped skills, but she's just a pain to raise.

They seem hard to level because you try to level them while they're still higher level than the rest. I don't believe that they are actually harder than a beorc at the same level (but I might be wrong)

Edit:

Yeah, if you go by BEXP, it takes pretty much the same.

A lv 30 Laguz to lv 31 takes 30*1.5 = 45*50 + 50 = 2300 exp

For a lv 20/20/10 beorc to 20/20/11 beorc, it takes 50*50 + 50 = 2550 exp.

I'm not sure if it's that way all the way, but it seems that it's close all along.