Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

largedarryl said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
largedarryl said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Son1x said:
I'll remember that! :(
Hah, just kidding.

Gotta love how annoying while fun the Fire Emblem games are though. There are times I'm like one turn away from winning when one of my characters gets killed and I have to load. ^^

I didn't mind this much either.  At least, I didn't mind in the GBA games.  Radiant Dawn was problematic at points just because some of those larger battles took hours so if one unit dies, you just lost a lot of time.

The only chapters in Radiant Dawn that I found incredibly annoying were the Elincia/Geoffrey ones.  Many of those chapters took 1-2 hours to finish, and because nearly your entire army are mounted or flying they are several characters littered around that will OHKO your characters.  I don't know how many times I got blasted by a longbowmen with Marcia, probably the most frustating levels to play.

Yep.  Part 2 with Elincia has a lot of those.  Elincia's Gambit was awful.  In Normal you can charge down the enemy's throat and go for the kill.  In Hard, not so much.  Geoffrey's charge had its moments.  The Price was a pain too just because the enemies took fooooooooooooreeeeeeeeveeeeer to move.

Those were really the only chapters in the game that I disliked.  Most of the other chapters managed to keep the time reasonable.

@Pineapple, the reason why your non-royal laguz endgame was so difficult had to do with required to use BEXP to get your characters to a level that was usable, its too bad that is probably the worst use of BEXP you could possibly have.  The non-royal laguz would be better is they were able to level-up faster from kills, because without that experience/level-ups a character is too much hassle to get any use out of.  Now I would agree that if you like some of the non-royal laguz, you may be able to take 1 max into the endgame(this is not counting dragon laguz or Giffca).

After finishing the game, I decided to try to do it with non-royal Laguz only. I hadn't used them too much during my playthrough, so I had to BEXP them for them not to get killed in one hit.

I loved Elincia's Gambit, personally. It really required a lot of strategy, and it wasn't all the regular FE strategy.

Around the Network

Elincia's gambit wasn't bad in normal, but it was pretty ferocious in hard mode. I really like ending maps by killing all the enemies. In most every "survive for X turns" I usually win by domination, but I just couldn't in that map.

It's not that hard to win. Use Haar/Elincia to pull them down where the Royal Knights come in. Then you will get a fair gap of enemies, so Brom/Nephenee can block the western stairs, while the rest of the crew can pull down on the right side. A third of the units will now never get into play (blocked by Brom/Nephenee), and you'll be fighting around Ludveck. From there, victory is pretty easy.

Last time I tried taking him on, he OHKO'd one of my strongest characters.

I just kind of went O.o and hit reset.

How did he do that? He has 40 atk, and a speed of 18, so he won't double. That's a mere 13-20 health from your stronger units.

Around the Network
Pineapple said:

How did he do that? He has 40 atk, and a speed of 18, so he won't double. That's a mere 13-20 health from your stronger units.

I don't remember.  It was either Haar or Nephenee and I just remember him slaughtering them.  It might have been a critical, but if it was I don't remember that part.  I just remember going "OMG" when it happened because I totally didn't see it coming.

So essentially, you messed up, so the chapter is awful?

Go reread the post I made that statement in.

VGChartz messed up, so the paragraphing won't work properly. Anyway, your only actual issue is that the opponents use a long time to move. You could just do something else if that bothers you so much. It doesn't, by any means, make it a bad chapter.

Does anyone else play with battle animations on?

The only time I turn them off is when I have to re-do a whole chapter.