By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

Fire Emblem, eh? Lets see, I player Fire Emblem 7, The Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn.
My favorite one is The Sacred Stones (Eirika ftw). I still have yet to finish 7 (which was also my first FE), I think I'm at chapter 17. And I got Radiant Dawn few weeks ago and so far, I'm enjoying it. Its really challenging though, playing it on normal.

And supports are fun.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

Eirika was meh. She was basically Eliwood with blue hair and boobs.

Ephraim was so much better... until he promoted. He was unique as soldier/lord. When he promoted and gained a mount, he became just another cavalry sadly.

I'll remember that! :(
Hah, just kidding.

Gotta love how annoying while fun the Fire Emblem games are though. There are times I'm like one turn away from winning when one of my characters gets killed and I have to load. ^^

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Son1x said:
Hah, just kidding.

Gotta love how annoying while fun the Fire Emblem games are though. There are times I'm like one turn away from winning when one of my characters gets killed and I have to load. ^^

I didn't mind this much either.  At least, I didn't mind in the GBA games.  Radiant Dawn was problematic at points just because some of those larger battles took hours so if one unit dies, you just lost a lot of time.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Son1x said:
Hah, just kidding.

I didn't mind this much either.  At least, I didn't mind in the GBA games.  Radiant Dawn was problematic at points just because some of those larger battles took hours so if one unit dies, you just lost a lot of time.

What is worse, is when you are fighting Ashnard in PoR and you forgot to heal Ike and Ashnard kills him. Yea, my save file is right there, but I still haven't finished off my last playthrough with only 1 battle left.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Son1x said:
Hah, just kidding.

What is worse, is when you are fighting Ashnard in PoR and you forgot to heal Ike and Ashnard kills him. Yea, my save file is right there, but I still haven't finished off my last playthrough with only 1 battle left.

Well, that's your own fault. It's far more annoying with a few of those 1-2% crit enemies in Radiant Dawn, on hard.

Also, how is Eirika anything like Eliwood? Apart from the fact that their fathers died, and they're the more care-about-feelings of the lords, there's hardly any similarities.

Pineapple said:

Well, that's your own fault. It's far more annoying with a few of those 1-2% crit enemies in Radiant Dawn, on hard.

Also, how is Eirika anything like Eliwood? Apart from the fact that their fathers died, and they're the more care-about-feelings of the lords, there's hardly any similarities.

They're both the token rapier lords just as Roy and Marth were before them.  At least Roy got a cool flaming sword though.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Son1x said:
Hah, just kidding.

The only chapters in Radiant Dawn that I found incredibly annoying were the Elincia/Geoffrey ones.  Many of those chapters took 1-2 hours to finish, and because nearly your entire army are mounted or flying they are several characters littered around that will OHKO your characters.  I don't know how many times I got blasted by a longbowmen with Marcia, probably the most frustating levels to play.

largedarryl said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Son1x said:
Hah, just kidding.

The only chapters in Radiant Dawn that I found incredibly annoying were the Elincia/Geoffrey ones.  Many of those chapters took 1-2 hours to finish, and because nearly your entire army are mounted or flying they are several characters littered around that will OHKO your characters.  I don't know how many times I got blasted by a longbowmen with Marcia, probably the most frustating levels to play.

Yep.  Part 2 with Elincia has a lot of those.  Elincia's Gambit was awful.  In Normal you can charge down the enemy's throat and go for the kill.  In Hard, not so much.  Geoffrey's charge had its moments.  The Price was a pain too just because the enemies took fooooooooooooreeeeeeeeveeeeer to move.

Words Of Wisdom said:
largedarryl said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Son1x said:
Hah, just kidding.

Yep.  Part 2 with Elincia has a lot of those.  Elincia's Gambit was awful.  In Normal you can charge down the enemy's throat and go for the kill.  In Hard, not so much.  Geoffrey's charge had its moments.  The Price was a pain too just because the enemies took fooooooooooooreeeeeeeeveeeeer to move.

Those were really the only chapters in the game that I disliked.  Most of the other chapters managed to keep the time reasonable.

@Pineapple, the reason why your non-royal laguz endgame was so difficult had to do with required to use BEXP to get your characters to a level that was usable, its too bad that is probably the worst use of BEXP you could possibly have.  The non-royal laguz would be better is they were able to level-up faster from kills, because without that experience/level-ups a character is too much hassle to get any use out of.  Now I would agree that if you like some of the non-royal laguz, you may be able to take 1 max into the endgame(this is not counting dragon laguz or Giffca).