By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

nuninhuh said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Khuutra said:

I find the battle themes, in particular, hard to argue with.

Radiant Dawn's (and Path of Radiance as well) biggest problem was that their themes are far too busy.  I prefer the melody-centric older Fire Emblem music to Radiant Dawn's more frantic music.

must...resist...temptation... that remembers me... i desperatly want to play FE blazing sword a LOT. The problem is that i completed it 100% (even merlinus supports) and go back there without finishing the others is weird.

You're a madman.  I am jealous now.

Around the Network

Maybe I'm just unlucky. I tried killing a mounted mini-boss in chapter 1-3. Micaiah could only finish him of with Thani, and I'm reluctant to use it so early on. Edward missed twice and got himself killed, the emeny being equipped with a sword (Wind Sword).

Leonard cannot even scratch him as he's equipped with a simple Iron Bow, due to his low Bow level. Ilyana could drop him with Elthunder but she's also very much powerful. Me trying to strengthen Micaiah and Leonard led me to lose about 5 times until I had Soth deal with him.

Note, I haven't used the Save feature not even once, and I don't intent to do so. I think it's quite cheap.

@Words of Wisdom

Now that's a clever strategy! Thanks for the tip!

You get plenty of Thani tomes in the game so don't hesitate to use them. Doing well early on really means abusing Sothe as an unarmed meatshield and getting experience/levels to units that desperately need them.

routsounmanman said:

Maybe I'm just unlucky. I tried killing a mounted mini-boss in chapter 1-3. Micaiah could only finish him of with Thani, and I'm reluctant to use it so early on. Edward missed twice and got himself killed, the emeny being equipped with a sword (Wind Sword).

Leonard cannot even scratch him as he's equipped with a simple Iron Bow, due to his low Bow level. Ilyana could drop him with Elthunder but she's also very much powerful. Me trying to strengthen Micaiah and Leonard led me to lose about 5 times until I had Soth deal with him.

Note, I haven't used the Save feature not even once, and I don't intent to do so. I think it's quite cheap.

@Words of Wisdom

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck.

routsounmanman said:

@Words of Wisdom

That is just, plain simply, silly. Now, I actually did that once (3rd playthrough), before I was good enough for hard. However, if it prevents you from actually playing the game, it's just plain simply stupid. 

You can do it on a later playthrough, but there's little reason to do it in the first one. While Part 1 is harder than Part 2 (and arguably 3) on normal, it is far easier than them on hard. If you play without the save feature, you're sort of playing semi-hard (although closer to normal than hard), and you'll drive yourself crazy halfway through the game.

Radiant Dawn is, even with battle saves, the hardest game in the series. Or well, FE5 may be harder.

Around the Network

I just want another FE game to release on Wii.

As for RD, all the non-royal laguz are USELESS. They come in overleveled, but they level too slowly to be any use. They don't level fast enough to actually keep up with your enemies.

I don't know if you guys have ever discussed, but I had thought the artwork and artistic style is some of the best I've ever seen in video games (outside Shadow of the Colossus) with GBA FE being great.

largedarryl said:
I just want another FE game to release on Wii.

As for RD, all the non-royal laguz are USELESS. They come in overleveled, but they level too slowly to be any use. They don't level fast enough to actually keep up with your enemies.

I don't know if you guys have ever discussed, but I had thought the artwork and artistic style is some of the best I've ever seen in video games (outside Shadow of the Colossus) with GBA FE being great.

No, they're not useless - far from it. They just require a different strategy than the Beorc.

Huh, if I have enough BEXP, I could try to do an "endgame run" (Only the last 5 chapters) with non-royal laguz, Ike and Micaiah. It should be possible.

RolStoppable said:

I never used the battle save before I attempted a "do it in as few turns as possible" playthrough and a "get as many level ups as possible" playthrough. For the first to not have to replay the entire level because of a missed attack, for the second to not kill the boss with a critical hit.

As a Fire Emblem pro, I played the game on easy the first time. The series can be quite cheap on occassion with reinforcements and game deciding decisions (like splitting up the whole cast in three groups and the endgame in RD). I usually never use multiple saves in games and don't want to get stuck.

I started out that way too (well, not on purpose, I just managed to never realise that "battle save" did something, untill part 4.

Easy with no battle saves is probably the closest you'll get to the GBA games normal mode.

That failed miserably.

I attempted to play the endgame with non-royal Laguz (and Ike+Micaiah). Having them all BEXPed to lv 25, I thought I would stand a chance. Well, I didn't. It was incredibly hard.

After looking at it a bit more, I guess I was incorrect. Non-royal Laguz are somewhat underpowered.

Snesboy said:
If you bumped the old one, you would just get banned for it. Like I get banned all the time for it.

If you want to call out the mods, then I'm going to call out you and every other person who plays the "poor me" card over this one.

Every time you've been banned for necro bumping you added 0 userfull content to a thread that was dead for months. Not only that you make it look like you are trying to trick people into thinking the thread is new and that you didn't necro bump it. If you aren't going to add useful content, then don't bump the thread, it is rather simple. Quoting someone and providing 0 extra text is spamming, I'm sorry, you'll have to learn to use basic reasoning so you don't get banned again.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Pineapple said:

After looking at it a bit more, I guess I was incorrect. Non-royal Laguz are somewhat underpowered.

Shocking.  Who'd have thought.