By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

I always found the most interesting discussions on VGChartz to be about Fire Emblem. Reviving an old thread seeme silly, so I decided to make one about it. However, I'm pretty awful at it. Looking at Benga's old threads, he generally makes a conversation starter.

Now, I haven't a jolly clue about how to start it, to be honest, so it would be nice if someone else could spark the discussion.

So, what's your favoite Fire Emblem, and why? Who's your favourite lord?

Around the Network

I still want to try the franchise. I'm going to buy Radiant Dawn before 2009 ends.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

I only played the first one that came out on the GBA. I liked it.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

If you bumped the old one, you would just get banned for it. Like I get banned all the time for it.

this thread just reminds me that i still havent finished FE shadow dragon on my ds. i cant even remember what chapter i was on... i think i was on chapter 15.

what are the chances there will be another FE game this generation?

heres a good conversation starter... what needs to be added or removed from the FE franchise?
more story or dialogue (theres usually loads however)?
a less linear story?
more items?

... lets discuss shall we?

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network

I need to play them.

Right now, I want to play other game more, so I dunno when I will try this.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are one long game in my book, and they're one of the best games I've ever played! I'd like to play more fire emblem, so I might get shadow dragon, but I'd like to find it at a reasonable price.

My favourite thing about Radiant Dawn? The way they split it into chapters showing you the war from different points of view. It gave the storyline quite a sophisticated, political dimension, in my view. I went into the game presuming that Ike etc. wouldn't even be in it once I started the first level, but then there was that fantastic cut scene were you see Rolf and Shinon hiding in the trees - such a great moment if you'd played the previous game and didn't know it was coming!

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

RolStoppable said:

Radiant Dawn is my favorite Fire Emblem because there are so many characters to use and so much EXP to collect. Almost got 1,600 level ups on a single playthrough.

EDIT: I also like that most characters usually max out several of their stats, unlike in prevoius FEs when it used to be one or two.

This from the man that complains that JRPG's have too many playable characters and that 3 characters in the same party at the same time is more useful.

In reference to your favorite PS2 JRPG thread.

Pixel Art can be fun.

i've played path of radiance and fire emblem(gba). i got stuck in a ship in the gba game where you had to fight some dark mages and stuff, i detest the way they give you characters, they all seem so important to the storiline, you don't want any of them to die, they should atleast let you recruit "random soldier number 01" or somthing

I'm just pissed at Nintendo because they say nothing about any new games coming out. Especially Fire Emblem.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.