By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem discussion thread revived

woopah said:

1. IR would make it a lot quicker, like how they use the touchscreen in adacance wars on DS#

2. ok, maybe not armour, but radiant dawn allowed you to forge you own weaponary. if they made the weapon forging system deeper,  people could make some really awesome weaponary, maybe make a bow that trades power for a larger reach and greater accuracy

3.  why not character creatation? it could be something you could only use outside the main story line. give them a name, class, stats, weapon and skills and jed be useable in a regular battle.

IR/touch screen and regular controls are all in competition.  The player will use fastest/best one.  In my experience with the DS, it's almost always easier to still use the d-pad and buttons vs the touch screen when you have the choice.  The IR pointer of the Wii isn't nearly as quick as the DS stylus so it's in an even worse position than the DS vs regular controls.

Forging weapons really didn't enhance the game.  Either you could forge something at better cost than what you could buy and use that or you could buy cheaper than the cost of forging.  You could forge some really nice stuff but that was costly and if you give the player too much money then you're sort of imbalancing the game already.  The coins were the solution to that.  The goal was for the player to forge a few pretty nice weapons at in low cost so the developers didn't add too much money.

Character creation could be interesting but when would you use it?  Part of the essence of Fire Emblem is having a lot of unique characters interacting versus having generic "everyman" type characters.  I think that's one of the disappointments of Radiant Dawn--generic supports that didn't really do much to develop the characters.  It's also why I put the GBA Fire Emblems above it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
c03n3nj0 said:
I gots one question.

I'm interested more in the story, how many of the games are connected?

Which one should I get if I'm a total SRPG n00b?

I'm not saying I will buy this now, but I'm just curious.

Of the ones available in Europe, only Path of Radiance (GC) and Radiant Dawn (Wii).

Path of Radiance is very forgiving, so it's the best choice to start with Fire Emblem. But generally Fire Emblem games give you tons of experience points on the lowest difficulty setting, so even if you aren't good at the game, you should be able to beat them and enjoy the story.

Oh okay.

Here I though Path of Radiance was the harder one of the two....

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Best Fire Emblem as a single game is probably Blazing Sword, called Fire Emblem in the west.

Hector rules.

Khuutra said:
Best Fire Emblem as a single game is probably Blazing Sword, called Fire Emblem in the west.

Hector rules.

Personally, I find Radiant Dawn to be incredibly much better. The game is pretty much superior in every way. It lacks supports, but the "info" more than makes up for it. You could also argue that this makes the characters somewhat less interesting, but that's pretty much it.

Still, FE7 probably gets a good second, and is still one of my top 3 favourite handheld games ever.

Pineapple said:
Khuutra said:

Hector rules.

Personally, I find Radiant Dawn to be incredibly much better. The game is pretty much superior in every way. It lacks supports, but the "info" more than makes up for it. You could also argue that this makes the characters somewhat less interesting, but that's pretty much it.

Still, FE7 probably gets a good second, and is still one of my top 3 favourite handheld games ever.

Maybe, but if you wanted you could use basically any character in Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn also made this possible, but it was harder. It felt more limited, like there were fewer legitimately wise choices to be made.

I have to admit, though, that supports are a big part of that. In general gameplay and music and other things, I admit that Radiant Dawn stomps on Fire Emblem.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Pineapple said:
Khuutra said:

Hector rules.

Maybe, but if you wanted you could use basically any character in Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn also made this possible, but it was harder. It felt more limited, like there were fewer legitimately wise choices to be made.

I have to admit, though, that supports are a big part of that. In general gameplay and music and other things, I admit that Radiant Dawn stomps on Fire Emblem.

Huh, I always felt that was one of the major changes in Radiant Dawn - that all units turn out well.

Also, FE7 became ridiculously easy toward the end, whereas Radiant Dawn has a simply brilliant Endgame. Heck, it may be my favourite ending-series in any game.

That is very fair. Part of it may just be that Blazing Sword was my first Fire Emblem.

Pineapple said:
Khuutra said:

Hector rules.

Supports are very important to me.  They're basically the only reason I replay Fire Emblem games.  I have a near perfect support record on FE7 because I loved replaying it to see more supports (Farina probably had some of my favorites).  Radiant Dawn putting in generic supports basically killed a fairly large portion of the game I enjoy.

I also wasn't as big of a fan of the RD soundtrack.  Compared to other Fire Emblem games, Radiant Dawn actually has one of the weakest soundtracks around.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Pineapple said:
Khuutra said:

Hector rules.

Supports are very important to me.  They're basically the only reason I replay Fire Emblem games.  I have a near perfect support record on FE7 because I loved replaying it to see more supports (Farina probably had some of my favorites).  Radiant Dawn putting in generic supports basically killed a fairly large portion of the game I enjoy.

I also wasn't as big of a fan of the RD soundtrack.  Compared to other Fire Emblem games, Radiant Dawn actually has one of the weakest soundtracks around.

I am forced to respectfully disagree.

Khuutra said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I am forced to respectfully disagree.

Somehow I knew you would.