By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

There are better ingame pictures of Otacon.

Also, his sweater looks more detailed in the second shot.

Around the Network

@ZenfoldorVGI

I mad cause they are not using the full power of the xenos GPU,since its on PS3 there gonna have to downgrade it!1

@Everyone saying "Full power of PS3" BS listen up.

GPU-Weaker than 360 GPU so thats already at full power :)

Cell- This game isnt gonna use the full power of the cell even if it was exclusive,Cell is good for shooting games and action packed games not JRPG.

BlueRay- Really Storage has a power level? is it over 9000? Did you know i just maxed our my garage yesterday...yep.

Total Result = No Full power even if it WAS exclusive.

@Screenshots

The first one was CGI the second one was IN GAME! the graphics didnt change because of the 360 but because its IN GAME!

The 2005 build looks much better: just look at the lighting, textures and the facial hair. I own the game, and he doesn't look anywhere good as that.

"Game-wise, it's pretty close to the original vision: you sneak into the battlefield and can choose whether to do a stealth game or interfere with the battle more directly. But the graphic, side things like motion-blending and the size of the map, totally was not accomplished to my original vision - to my satisfaction.

When we first showed the game engine at TGS, the staff were really proud and happy. PS3 was a dream machine, y'know, and we were going to work on this and that - and we had so many ideas. But when we actually started developing the game, we realized there were a lot of restrictions and so it turned out how you see it today. The original vision was to go ten steps further, the reality was just one step, which isn't to say we didn't progress."

http://kotaku.com/381412/kojima-disappointed-with-metal-gear-solid-4

I wanted to post this because there's been loads of threads created in confusion over the article 
There was some sitehttp://www.uffsite.net/news/232/ff13-graphics-changes-in-action.htmlreporting that FFXIII has seen a downgrade, and so GT has been spewing with hate all day.

'Newer build' is WRONG
That build was originally shown in October 2008 in TGS closed theatre, but has just recently been released to the public on a DVD. So people are assuming this recently released footage is new, but it's not.

It's the same build (if not older) than the demo which they released to the public earlier this year.
Stupid websites don't even know what they're talking about.

Proof
The audio of the TGS08 trailer leaked onto the internet one day after it was shown;http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/10/13/tgs08-final-fantasy-xiii-trailer-leaked-audio.htmlThis is the exact same trailer as that which was released publicly this summerhttp://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-final-fantasy/50923(goto the end) - this is the same build as what is claimed is the 'newer' build in the OP

And since the demo (that build) we've seen an even newer build of the game (which fixes hands and shadows etc) 

(These are screengrabs so forgive the quality)

You can see it's a newer build because the shoulders are softer and both Snow and Lightning have a necklace, which isn't there in the apparent 'newer build' from that article

(left) 'Newer build' as claimed in article. (right) Actual newer build

so for all we know it probably looks a lot like that first image (which was a target render/PC render)

So in short; The 'newer build' in those images is actually the same as the demo build (if not older) and since then we've seen more recent, better looking builds (E3 09).
So stop screaming 'downgrade'- because that site is comparing an old build of the game with target renders

Mirson...
-1 respect for using rubbish MGS4 pics.

Around the Network

Garnett:
I think that most PS3 owners complain about ''downgraiding'' the amount of content, not graphics. Cutscenes are probably only 720p, you don't have japanese voice acting and DVD capacity can affect even in actual gameplay like Pristine20 wrote.

bro both screenshots look the same, look at the ones i posted

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
Mirson...

Beyond that, then he claims that that top pic looks "much" better than the final game which is also rubbish...

I agree. I demand an explination.

Carl2291 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
Mirson...

Beyond that, then he claims that that top pic looks "much" better than the final game which is also rubbish...

I agree. I demand an explination.

Even Kojima admitted it. Just look at the quotes I posted a few posts up.

fuck that... preposterous, I never imagined I'd say this in my life :

I'll be awaiting reviews before buying FF13!!!!! FU M$!