By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

selnor said:

The 360 version would not hinder the PS3 version from having multiple languages so people need to stop with that.

Not saying that it is since I didn't even read the OP... but it certainly can. 

Space limitation and the promise of 2 identical products. 

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Besides, minor graphical differences will not affect my enjoyment of FF13, It matters little compared to the story, music and gameplay, aspects which have always been amazing in final fantasy games

@Chacron

Problem is, if you cannot roam around freely, the gameplay part is diminished. It's not sensible to make people change discs every 10 minutes due to free roaming, which isn't needed if all your game data is in one disc only (Blu-ray). So yes, the risk of that happening is there.

Chacron said:
Besides, minor graphical differences will not affect my enjoyment of FF13, It matters little compared to the story, music and gameplay, aspects which have always been amazing in final fantasy games

minor graphics wont but limited roaming will. In 90% ofmy consequent playthroughs of ffviii (my fav FF game), I never play beyond disc 3 because the towns become unavailable after that point. It really kills replay value IMO. I really hope they find a way around this

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Spedfrom said:
@Chacron

Problem is, if you cannot roam around freely, the gameplay part is diminished. It's not sensible to make people change discs every 10 minutes due to free roaming, which isn't needed if all your game data is in one disc only (Blu-ray). So yes, the risk of that happening is there.

...for the 360 version.

Star Ocean 4 was a giant, free roaming game that was arguably hindered by disc swapping. If Star Ocean 4 was on one BD, there would be no disc scapping. Therefore, the argument that FFXIII will have to become linear because of DVD's doesn't make sense at all.

Around the Network
Spedfrom said:
@Chacron

Most of the disc space will be taken up by the FMV's, its unlikely the game world will be split up over several discs. It didnt happen with the PS1, where FF8 & 9 had 4 discs each, why should it happen now?

kowenicki said:
well the selnor posted stuff looks ok to me....

yep.

Besides, you're all forgetting that unlike the PS3, the 360 allows users to completly install games onto the HDD, its possible FF13 may take advantage of this, thus preventing the potential need for disc swapping

Chacron said:
Besides, you're all forgetting that unlike the PS3, the 360 allows users to completly install games onto the HDD, its possible FF13 may take advantage of this, thus preventing the potential need for disc swapping

There is just that problem that over 50% X360 owners can't use that feature because they have 20gb HDD (Old pro model) or memory stick. (Arcade)

Chacron said:

lol, what's to say there wouldn't have been a graphics downgrade if it had remained a PS3 exclusive? Metal Gear Solid 4 didn't look anywhere near as good as it did when it was first unveiled, what's its excuse? XD. The fact of the matter is, those first screens were bullshots, its nothing to do with the 360 version.

Discuss!