By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

This is ridiculous. I can understand making a 360 version, but WHY would you downgrade the PS3 version to make it identical to the 360 version?

Anyone who still thinks Square Enix wasn't moneyhatted...is delusional.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

The first pic is 100% bullshot, why can't people see this? Or perhaps they choose to ignore it on purpose for obvious reasons.

2nd pic is console level visuals, believe it or not.

Wow people rly like to kill off their futur experience with this game by bitterly discussing it's quality before it's released?

Guys (and girls) who think Final Fantasy XIII has been downgraded read this.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ffxiii---no--downgrade-/883918#message

The second crappier looking picture was from a really old behind close doors build (2008) which was released on DVD not long ago for the public to see. Naturally because the DVD is new everyone thought the the (2008) private build image was a image of the new build. The better looking image is actually from a newer build after the JP demo.

Square-Enix could currently be on an even better build right now.

TEH BLURAYZ!@!!!1

god this pisses me off...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

@ OP.

Firstly this whole thread has no EVIDENCE whatsoever.

There is NO downgrade in graphics. 360 version of FF13 was shown at E3. The exact same demo as PS3. All sites said they looked identical.

The images you have posted are from a likely 80% finished PS3 version,
and a 50% finished version 360. Yeah I'm specualting, but we know the 360 version is playing catch up. So the screenshots you post are pure speculative and likely from a version that is further behind the other.

We know from CryEngine 3 that 360 and Ps3 look basically identical, and CryEngine 3 looks far more impressive graphically and technically than FF13. So this is just a thread to spray BS.

The 360 version would not hinder the PS3 version from having multiple languages so people need to stop with that.

Both consoles are capable at running FF13 with ease. Alan Wake, Forza 3, Uncharted 2, KZ2 all have better graphics than FF13 so graphics speed is not an issue.

@OP. Take the goggles off and make your own decisions. FF13 is not at the forefront of visuals this gen.

@ Keifer23.

Thanks for the link.

/Thread.

selnor said:
@ OP.

Firstly this whole thread has no EVIDENCE whatsoever.

There is NO downgrade in graphics. 360 version of FF13 was shown at E3. The exact same demo as PS3. All sites said they looked identical.

The images you have posted are from a likely 80% finished PS3 version,
and a 50% finished version 360. Yeah I'm specualting, but we know the 360 version is playing catch up. So the screenshots you post are pure speculative and likely from a version that is further behind the other.

We know from CryEngine 3 that 360 and Ps3 look basically identical, and CryEngine 3 looks far more impressive graphically and technically than FF13. So this is just a thread to spray BS.

The 360 version would not hinder the PS3 version from having multiple languages so people need to stop with that.

Both consoles are capable at running FF13 with ease. Alan Wake, Forza 3, Uncharted 2, KZ2 all have better graphics than FF13 so graphics speed is not an issue.

@OP. Take the goggles off and make your own decisions. FF13 is not at the forefront of visuals this gen.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ffxiii---no--downgrade-/883918#message 

if its true then a lost respect for square enix

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

You guys still going at this??? let it go guys....weather it's downgraded or not can't do nothing about it specially now that the game is almost done.