By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

rafichamp said:
^^ur source is some guy on a forum

You are a guy on a forum. (Well technically you are just a troll getting your kicks out of PS3 and Xbox 360 fanboys turning on eachother)

Err so yeah.... I'm erm.. going to begin ignoring you now... Nothing you post is true because you are just a erm...  well,  a guy on a forum.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS WEBPAGE... http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ffxiii---no--downgrade-/883918#message

Around the Network

@kiefer23
Are you bringing evidence into this discussion? No, you can't do that!

Here are 360 version screenshotsa of FF13. OP has just hid under a table.

And OP is forgetting it was demo lived at E3 HERE on 360.

Enough of the graphics comments. The 360 is perfectly capable of equaling anything the PS3 puts out. I'm sure the first response will be "NOT KILLZONE 2!" We'll see on that one. Many multiplatform games actually look better on the 360. I highly doubt the graphics were compromised in this game. Square has never been a graphical powerhouse so I don't know why people expected anything amazing. The first screenshot you are comparing is a from a CGI video which is a render target. Its not going to look like the first videos released.

tuscaniman said:

Enough of the graphics comments. The 360 is perfectly capable of equaling anything the PS3 puts out. I'm sure the first response will be "NOT KILLZONE 2!" We'll see on that one. Many multiplatform games actually look better on the 360. I highly doubt the graphics were compromised in this game. Square has never been a graphical powerhouse so I don't know why people expected anything amazing. The first screenshot you are comparing is a from a CGI video which is a render target. Its not going to look like the first videos released.

coudnt resist proving your expextation right...i am still waiting to see a game on xbox that mathces kz2.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
You guys still going at this??? let it go guys....weather it's downgraded or not can't do nothing about it specially now that the game is almost done.

Thank you.

/Thread.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

tuscaniman said:

I think the focal point of the complaint IMO would be dual audio due to space issues not graphics. When a much cheaper game like Valkyria chronicles could add it, people have become spoiled. JP voice for VC was awesome. Roaming at endgame could also be a problem because it would be difficult to fit all the towns on every disc. I remember in ff8, the excuse was that the towns had been left behind when they moved through time so none of them could be accessed on disc 4.

The roaming problem could be solved with the "legend of dragoon method" In that game, certain towns are on certain discs but the world map is on all discs. You have to switch discs when you go to an old town and switch back when you return. This game was a case when I'd take installs over disc-swapping. So the problem here is that, they'll probably take the ff8 approach since thats the only one that can apply to both  the ps3 and 360 versions i.e make up some excuse for why some places can no longer be accessed at some point.

These are my biggest fears after watching the interview with Kitase (i think) on gametrailers. Graphics would still be gorgeous eitherway. Dual audio is already a guaranteed loss which is sad.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I can cope with the graphics being a bit worse due to downgrading. But if it means removing or minimizing free roaming to the last part of the game, then I will have to reconsider purchasing the game.
That brings down the fun one can have with the game, hence making it a lesser quality entertainment product.

Square Enix, please regurgitate Yoichi Wada.

lol, what's to say there wouldn't have been a graphics downgrade if it had remained a PS3 exclusive? Metal Gear Solid 4 didn't look anywhere near as good as it did when it was first unveiled, what's its excuse? XD. The fact of the matter is, those first screens were bullshots, its nothing to do with the 360 version.

I'm fairly certain that the reasons for changes in the graphics, etc. are not entirely due to the 360 not being up to the task.

My guess is that there have been other constraints, some perhaps even PS3 limitations, that have caused this downgrade to occur. Remember, you're looking at screenshots without REALLY knowing the story behind *why* things are being done a certain way.

Naturally you can't blame other circumstances or the PS3 itself... it has to be the piece-o'-trash 360 that's to blame.