By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think you're correct about the pretentious part. However, I think it is still the right thing that they put that request there.

Do you know that mirror moon actually obtained official permission from type moon to create translation patch of their games? They can't simply tell you to download the game, you know... Not after type moon themselves allow the translation.

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Akvod said:

I guess I got the crappy one >.< IDK what I did wrong, should I have just kept my nose out of her business for one particular choice? All I've done was choose Satsuki choices every step of the way *snif*

Start from 6:15

I loved how odd that show was....

After skimming through the manga, and reading the Light Novel, I think that the anime is the best adaptation. Too bad the animation quality suffered sporadictly >.<

I loved the disturbing truth of that part of the anime...

Former something....

starterman1989 said:

Do you know that mirror moon actually obtained official permission from type moon to create translation patch of their games? They can't simply tell you to download the game, you know... Not after type moon themselves allow the translation.

If that's the case then I'm totally cool. As long as it wasn't a statement to put themselves up on a pedestal, then I'm cool. It's like when I hear people say "Oh, poor people are just lazy", it just fucking pisses me off.

Again, idealisticly they're right, but that ideal is completely unrealistic (and impossible) and for them to earnestly believe that others are obligated to do an action that doesn't benefit Type Moon, and pay an excessive ammount of money that's not worth the ammount just felt really pretentious (as if you don't that means you didn't fufil that obligation and did something wrong).

But if it's a matter of obligation and respect then yeah, I'm cool.

Blacksaber said:

Yeah in the light novel: Satou accidently sees Misaki's long sleave shirt pull back, and reveals cigarette burn marks from her step father. Yamazaki is also a lot more irresponsible and tragic in the light novel... again feels incomplete. Senpai too felt incomplete.

But the manga was WAY too wacky. I mean, I couldn't even relate to the characters anymore, and the whole attractive part about the anime and novel is how much I can relate to it. The monologue and stream of concious narative all added to that. But in the manga, every character just becomes crazier than looney toon characters, and I can't sympathize with any of them.

Around the Network

have you read the manga or played the hgame? They're both awesome.

Blacksaber said:

Or are you talking about Yamazaki? XD

Akvod said:
Blacksaber said:

Yep I wasn't sure what to expect but that freaked me out...

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Akvod said:
Blacksaber said:

Yep I wasn't sure what to expect but that freaked me out...

XD dating on a MMO... yup, nothing risky there.

How is asking someone to pay for a game they want to play pretentious?
How is asking someone to have a copy to be able to use their translation put themselves up on a pedestal?
That to me is a pretty reasonable request.

Of course, I can understand people not being able to afford the game and resort to pirating, I've been to third world countries, I know what it's like to see (non pirated)games sell for the equivalent price of months of a working man's wage. There are a lot of factors that could prevent a person from buying the game. i.e. Price, availability, embarrasment, etc etc

But actually being arrogant enough to call them moralfags for that reasonable request is simply out of line and disrespectful. Especially because it's aimed at the very people who worked hard to let you be able to play that very game you are enjoying right now.

@Starterman
It's actually a bit different compareed to scantalators because Mirrormoon just gives out the translation patch. Not the final product itself.

It would be much closer to analogize it with them giving out a Txt file translation from a manga rather than the whole manga itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?