By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can The PS3 Outsell The 360 Or Even The Wii WW For Week Ending Sept 5?!

It will likely do that with NA and JAPAN alone..

Japan may get 100k on its side (based on estimates), and NA may also get 100k on its side.. so that makes it higher than both the wii and 360, with OTHERS it will definately outsell the wii and the 360. The question is, how long will it last?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

Japan may get 100k on its side (based on estimates), and NA may also get 100k on its side.. so that makes it higher than both the wii and 360, with OTHERS it will definately outsell the wii and the 360. The question is, how long will it last?

Two weeks more than likely, the last time PS3 spiked up about 135% but lost about 56% of its sales the week after, so the likihood of it staying above Wii for more than 2 weeks is small

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

xbox 360 boost likely due to offloading pro models cheap bundled with games.

once its just arcade and elite we will get a better picture.

if ff13 and gt5 release this year ps3 will be up over last year.

NOTE* the drastic huge price drops from microsoft last september opened off with a 180k+ ww week.

we will have to see how much ps3 slim does in its first full week.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:

Two weeks more than likely, the last time PS3 spiked up about 135% but lost about 56% of its sales the week after, so the likihood of it staying above Wii for more than 2 weeks is small

Based on past trends, I would definately agree with you, but it really depends on how high demand is for this system. Im hoping all systems see a nice boost with the 360 price cut, the ps3 slim, and possibly wii black coming out..

mM

Just imagine the sales in NA(104% up), if few retailers started selling out the slim versions cud bring such an impact, I am wondering what would be the surge in the upcoming weeks when it is available all over WW. Not yet released here in the Middle east, tried visting many retailers, but to no avail.

BHR's signature continues to stagger me.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:

And this time it's PS3 slim, u can't be expecting the same trend.

pterodactyl said:

360: maybe, but unlikely.

Wii: not a snowball's chance in hell. Why? Dude, it's the Wii, the most popular console ever!

i dont think people ar looking at my tips

wii only did 190k ww this week

ioi thinks na sales 4 ps3 can be at around 100k

japan might see sales between 50-100k so lets say 50k

europe should be inline with NA so lets say 90k

thats 240k

Play Me

CGI-Quality said:
pterodactyl said:

360: maybe, but unlikely.

Wii: not a snowball's chance in hell. Why? Dude, it's the Wii, the most popular console ever!

I wouldn't call it the most popular console ever, in fact, I'd put the NES and PS2 up there. However, I agree with the notion of the Wii being untouchable.

The Wii will outsell the NES. Do you think it won't outsell the PS2, and addtionally do you define popularity by something other than the amount of people who buy the console?

Edit: Sorry, it *will* outsell NES

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

CGI-Quality said:
Probably outsell the 360, not too sure about the Wii though. In fact, I doubt it will.

This, I would be suprised if it didn't outsell 360 WW but the Wii....Noooo 

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

i'm surprised at how well the 360 held up in america with it's price cut being just the last 2 days of the week.

My guess, is next week the 360 will pull ahead slightly in america, but just behind in others, and get analrapist'd in japan. Ps3 will stay ahead WW for 3 to 4 weeks, and then the 360 and ps3 will start trading places. From here on out though, their sales are going to be a lot closer.