By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I feel let down by Nintendo

I am a loyal Nintendo fan. I have bought an N64, a GBC, a GC, a GBA, two DSs and a Wii. I love Mario, Metroid, Pokémon, Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing. I only buy AAA first-party titles because I love the style. I have personal objections to Microsoft and never was interested in what Sony had to offer.

Whgen the DS and later the Wii launched, I was pleased that Nintendo had innovated and this had paid off with phenomenal hardware sales. I waited for the games to appear, and by Q3 2006 I was really excited - for the first time, so many first-party titles had been announced I wasn't sure I'd be able to buy them all.

Here's what happened:

In 2006:

"Wow. This is going to be the best year for Nintendo ever: Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Yoshi's Island 2 Zelda: TP and Pokemon D/P!"

Mario, Metroid and Pokemon are delayed; YIDS was poor; Zelda was nice but not stunning for me.

In 2007:

"Wow. This is going to be the best year for Nintendo ever: Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Fit, new Advance Wars and Pokemon D/P!"

Super Paper Mario was an easy and boring platformer rather than the excellent RPG I expected, Metroid got made linear and standard-FPS-like, Brawl was delayed, Wii Fit was delayed except Japan, Pokemon D/P was exactly the same as Pokemon Red I bought nearly ten years ago and Advance Wars was Q1 2007 rather than Q4 as was suggested before.

In 2008:

"Wow. This is going to be the best year for Nintendo ever: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Fit, new Advance Wars and Mario Kart Wii!"

...what next? I feel let down by Nintendo, and all I wanted was new and worthy iterations of Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros. I have a Wii next to my TV just waiting for them.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Metroid prime 3 was for a lot of people the best Metroid prime ever... including myself.

Mario and Smash are coming soon, and there are some other good games available and coming (RE4, mario strikers, Metroid prime 3, Zack & Wiki, guitar hero, batallion wars, etc etc etc)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I just don't like third-party or subcontracted-first-party games. I wish I did, but I don't.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

wii has the best games. Right carlos?

mM
leo-j said:
wii has the best games. Right carlos?

Of course, and you know that.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
Game_boy said:

I am a loyal Nintendo fan. I have bought an N64, a GBC, a GC, a GBA, two DSs and a Wii. I love Mario, Metroid, Pokémon, Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing. I only buy AAA first-party titles because I love the style. I have personal objections to Microsoft and never was interested in what Sony had to offer.

Whgen the DS and later the Wii launched, I was pleased that Nintendo had innovated and this had paid off with phenomenal hardware sales. I waited for the games to appear, and by Q3 2006 I was really excited - for the first time, so many first-party titles had been announced I wasn't sure I'd be able to buy them all.

Here's what happened:

In 2006:

"Wow. This is going to be the best year for Nintendo ever: Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Yoshi's Island 2 Zelda: TP and Pokemon D/P!"

Mario, Metroid and Pokemon are delayed; YIDS was poor; Zelda was nice but not stunning for me.

In 2007:

"Wow. This is going to be the best year for Nintendo ever: Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Fit, new Advance Wars and Pokemon D/P!"

Super Paper Mario was an easy and boring platformer rather than the excellent RPG I expected, Metroid got made linear and standard-FPS-like, Brawl was delayed, Wii Fit was delayed except Japan, Pokemon D/P was exactly the same as Pokemon Red I bought nearly ten years ago and Advance Wars was Q1 2007 rather than Q4 as was suggested before.

In 2008:

"Wow. This is going to be the best year for Nintendo ever: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Fit, new Advance Wars and Mario Kart Wii!"

...what next? I feel let down by Nintendo, and all I wanted was new and worthy iterations of Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros. I have a Wii next to my TV just waiting for them.

To each their own. I myself was pleasantly suprised by each and every one fo the games you mentioned (except Yoshi on DS, haven't had a chance to play that yet). So, in other words, if you don't like it, don't play it and wait for something to come out that you do like.

Just kiss the tip.

When real, loyal fan feels disappointed it's an ultimate failure for the company. One loyal client means more than 10 average costumers. Come and follow the path of Sony - PS3 will embrace you with it's solid lineup.

I only agree with Super Paper Mario which wasn't THAT good .I very much doubt SSBB will dissapoint even the most rabid PS3/Xbox360 fan.

If you were disappointed in Nintendo's games, why do you only play first party games? There's plenty of third party games to play.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? I found Metroid, Zelda: TP, Pokemon, and others very good, top-notch.

It's fine if you didn't like the games, but they're pretty much on par with previous Nintendo offerings...and in more numbers...you didn't always get a Paper Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario game in the same year...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
If you were disappointed in Nintendo's games, why do you only play first party games? There's plenty of third party games to play.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? I found Metroid, Zelda: TP, Pokemon, and others very good, top-notch.

It's fine if you didn't like the games, but they're pretty much on par with previous Nintendo offerings...and in more numbers...you didn't always get a Paper Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario game in the same year...

I don't know whether Metroid is good or not - I live in the UK.

I've never enjoyed Zelda, so TP was better than expected I admit.

I know about the all-in-one-year thing, but they made me expect it and it's not really true anyway.