By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 at $299 is a better value than a $299 Elite

justinian said:

Fair comment. As far as the wi-fi thing goes I think you are on a loser.

I can almost guarantee that all consoles (like all modern laptops) will soon have it by default. To put it another way I wouldn't bet against this not happening.

So whether you want it or not it will be there. I must add here that I do understand where you are coming from BTW and generally what you said makes good consumer sense..But...

like the Zune, the ipod touch and whatever else it will be thrown in because they can then charge you for it.

I am willing to guess that if x360 was launched at the same or at a later date than the wii and PS3 it too would have had wi-fi built-in, but that's speculation so don't quote me on that.

Anyway....we shall see.

I wouldn´t bet on total dominancy of Wi-Fi, at least on home Internet acces. But it´s not point of this discussion. But if it would dominate, then yes, I will use wi-fi too. Because I like to be connected to Internet.

Of course, while it would be better to have to have version without wi-fi, it isn´t most decisive factor. I will buy PS3 (but still don´t know when) and simply don´t use it. Again, most decisive factor, for me, are games.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
PS3 better value than similar prices 360?? WTF!!! OMG I would never have realized that!!!! Bluray makes it a better freakin value.. holy shnikies!!

It doesn't matter. What matters is what games you want and want your friends got. Wii has been priced more or barely less than 360 for quite sometime now and most would argue that the feature package in 360 creates a better value than Wii, however, 360 has never outsold the wii and is most of the time 1/2 its sales.

This is so true.

jacezo said:
i love how buttsore 360 people get when it comes down to value

The concept of "value" was introduced several months ago by Sony Fanboys to justify the old price... and it never helped so...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
jacezo said:

The concept of "value" was introduced several months ago by Sony Fanboys to justify the old price... and it never helped so...

Your ignorance is appalling.  Sony had propaganda graphs about the PS3's value versus the 360 YEARS ago. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Nope! Xbox 360 games are so much cheaper now! U can pick up gears 1 and 2 for 15 squid

you will save so much on games any console that doesnt have:

fable
halo
mass effect
lost odersey
gta the full game
gears 1 and 2

all for prob 10 each aint as good value

as for live anyone who has both will know that live works so much better and offers more!

Xbox and face book.... Im never gonna swich my pc on afain!!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Sardauk said:
jacezo said:

Your ignorance is appalling.  Sony had propaganda graphs about the PS3's value versus the 360 YEARS ago. 

I'm aware of that... and it didn't helped either... that was a pathetic move... only the price can do something..

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

USA = Yes the PS3 has the better overall vaule then the 360 elite in ALL aspects which is why i plan to get a PS3 slim instead of upgrading my 360 arcade to an elite when the tweak is just HDD and Color in the end.

But for the UK as Kowens been saying its not the same case, the british get the short end of the stick when it comes to PS3 sad to say.

But Sony really needs PS3's sold in the USA more then the UK they both matter but PS3 has been far behind in the USA for to long, and they want that to end or atleast become balanced.

Let me try to sum up this thread:

The PS3 is the hardware with the best value out of the three consoles... but all things considered, not necessarily the gaming platform with the best value.

Unfortunately for Sony, most people buy consoles as gaming platforms, not for the uber hardware.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

The PS3 is the hardware with the best value out of the three consoles... but all things considered, not necessarily the gaming platform with the best value.

Unfortunately for Sony, most people buy consoles as gaming platforms, not for the uber hardware.

Unfortunate? So... what your saying is PS3 doesn't have any good games on it worth playing? because if thats so... then your rather wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG! it has nearly every HD console game out there except a few exclusives that MS has such as the Halo, Fable and Gears series.

Thats just to name a few but every console has exclusives games, so does PS3 so please... dont go there your a great poster so theres no need for that.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NJ5 said:

Unfortunate? So... what your saying is PS3 doesn't have any good games on it worth playing? because if thats so... then your rather wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG! it has nearly every HD console game out there except a few exclusives that MS has such as the Halo, Fable and Gears series.

Thats just to name a few but every console has exclusives games, so does PS3 so please... dont go there your a great poster so theres no need for that.

I didn't say any of that!

The PS3 is a great gaming platform too, with plenty of good games. But the Wii clearly has a software library with more appeal for the majority of gamers, and the 360 has the advantage of some on the most popular genres like FPSs.

I do think, though, that the PS3 and 360 will be really close in sales until the end of this year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957