By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time Thread

no it does not look worse than TOD

I played the demo too

if it looks worse it wasn't noticeable to me

besides the clank gameplay is 1000 x better than TOD

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I am getting Crack of Time and Dragon Age: Origins on the same day, but I can only get 1 and I will have to wait until the following month to get the other (it will be one of those games, MW 2 and AC II in 1 month!!!!).

Now which will it be....

Kantor said:
Euphoria14 said:
The game looks worse than Tools of Destruction?

The demo build of the first Clank level looks worse than Tools of Destruction, yes.

For some reason I think you're putting down the game, just so people have lower expectations and are happily surprised when they play it, or same reasoning but for your own satisfaction when you buy the game.

@munkeh111

get R&C:ACIT

as Dragon Age Origins is 80 HOURS LONG....so buy it later

I'm getting Dragon age, Uncharted 2, R&C for sure

AC2 in Jan

then the JRPG's begin in Feb

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I didn't notice a clear graphical downgrade from the old game to the new game's demo. It might be though that the place you go to meet the guy who teaches you the time stuff that doesn't look as good because it's pretty plane and empty.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

if the graphics are worse i can't notice it , as darth said the clank game play is way better than in TOD , can't wait till i can get this game

when i played the clank demo i saw better graphics. clank looked shiny and better, the septior looked bad though.

when i player ratchet demo in target it looked really good.

papflesje said:
Kantor said:
Euphoria14 said:
The game looks worse than Tools of Destruction?

The demo build of the first Clank level looks worse than Tools of Destruction, yes.

For some reason I think you're putting down the game, just so people have lower expectations and are happily surprised when they play it, or same reasoning but for your own satisfaction when you buy the game.

Perhaps it was only my copy of the demo, but the textures looked noticeably blurrier, and everything was too bright, even on minimum brightness.

I'll go play it again, just to be sure.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I played through it again. Clank and Orvus look great, as does the scenery in the background. But the floor, nearby buildings, etc. don't look fantastic. That could just be Uncharted 2 spoiling my eyes.

In any case, it's not a huge graphical step up from ToD and QfB.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
I played through it again. Clank and Orvus look great, as does the scenery in the background. But the floor, nearby buildings, etc. don't look fantastic. That could just be Uncharted 2 spoiling my eyes.

In any case, it's not a huge graphical step up from ToD and QfB.

the characters look a lot better. but looking at the level with ratchet i notcice a big step up in graphics. for some reason clanks septor looks blurry and doesn't look good at all.