By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS owners, should I buy a DS?

You should get the Layton games. They are excellent if you like puzzles and brain teasers.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Did you buy an original GBA or a GBA SP? The original one didn't have backlight, so it was very hard to have good conditions to play games.

Both the DSL and DSi have good backlight, but I would recommend to get a DSL, mainly because it can play GBA games. That easily outweighs anything the DSi can offer in the near and known future. Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission are excellent games, as well as some others (Fire Emblem, Zelda). The DS itself doesn't have a good Metroid game, just so you know.

Yes I had the original GBA. So the absence of backlight is the reason. Good to know. I totally adore the Metoridgames so it would be nice to be able to play them. In fact I´ve been waiting for a Metroidgame for DS and always thought that if it would come then that would make me go out and buy a DS day one. I actually had Metorid Fusion on GBA but the bad lightning killed the experience for me. I should maybe give it another shot then.

Bar direct sunlight, which cocks up all screens, the DS has great lighting. It has a great libary of games too so you should definatley buy one. If you want to play some GBA classics then go for a DSLite otherwise the DSi is worth the extra money.

If you really like GBA games and still wanna play em get the DSL otherwise get the DSi cause there are going to be alot of DSi-only games ones that will come before this holiday and the DSi-Only Games library will start to grow.

Also it seems like you care alot for lighting well then get a DSi as it has more battery power than DSL and better lighting.

DSi has some other features such as Flipnote Studio and Camera and Music and trust me the Internet is the best. Way better then the psp cause in psp it overlapped and all sorts of problems.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

So what did you get or are you still deciding. Please update this thread with what you get! I want to know!

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
So what did you get or are you still deciding. Please update this thread with what you get! I want to know!

Yup I will. I still haven´t decided but I´ll let you know. Right now I´m short of money.

Okamiden.

/thread

EDIT: Phantrom Hourglass + Spirit Tracks

x2 /thread

RolStoppable said:
Did you buy an original GBA or a GBA SP? The original one didn't have backlight, so it was very hard to have good conditions to play games.

Both the DSL and DSi have good backlight, but I would recommend to get a DSL, mainly because it can play GBA games. That easily outweighs anything the DSi can offer in the near and known future. Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission are excellent games, as well as some others (Fire Emblem, Zelda). The DS itself doesn't have a good Metroid game, just so you know.

that

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

so what was your desicion post on here when you ddecide...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
so what was your desicion post on here when you ddecide...

I´ll do that. I think I´ll get a DS but we´ll see.